What the hell has done this??? Help Me pls.

• Thread starter PhilBert1983
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PhilBert1983

Hi guy and thanks for taking the time to read...

I've got serious problems.
I just sowed a few new beans and had a serious bout of bad luck.

They were:
1 x Blackwater
1 x Chem Vally
1 x Tahoe OG all from cali connections
1 x Vanilla Kush
4 x Red Dragon all from Baneys
5 x My Own Cross

All seedling were growing well and all germed right away.
One day they were all fine, and the next, NOT.:angry

All the first baby leaves have all been bitten off...
i was not a happy bunny, lots of money lost.

What i wanted to know is this..
1) What the hell did this???
And
2) Although the first baby leaves have been eaten, will the plants still grow???

They all seem to be stretching under the florescent light, and the roots are still growing will leaves eventually pop out???
And if they do will the plants have any problems??

Any help would be appreciated. I an new to the farm but have a little bit of experience under my belt and have been breeding my own for the last five years, but have never had this happen before.

I'm having a lil trouble with my cam so can't post a pic till tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Philbert says so...

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Pictures.. and I would highly suggest you pop them where you do not have pests for obvious reasons. Need more details on how or where you popped your beans, inside, outside, did you notice any pests (assume not if your asking). Sometimes...sorry to say...you just get stung so to speak. If there are NO leaves left they will probably die. If you have a node or leaf left you may be in luck, time will tell you the most. Hope that helps.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
need more details or pictures good ones perferred so we can see

Cort

Cort

Just in case you popped these out doors...

Dried fox urine will keep many critters away
Blood meal with cayenne pepper is another good one

But I like to make a web of fishing line all around and at varied heights on my outdoor garden. I have lots of rabbits and it helps.

If they were popped indoors Id suggest not leaving any cheese on the counter.

N

naturehd

no pic who knows but i can say i've seen this and it turned out i had mice. problem solved with a little little rat poison pellet pile.

P

PhilBert1983

Hi all i'm back again...

O.K, heres my Grow Room Profile

Bloom Room
12'x3'x5'
2 x 600w (HPS)
2 x RVK-125

Grow Room
3'x2'x2'
1 x 400w (MH)

Growing Medium / Growing System
11ltr Pot wit 3" of hydroton pellets, then filled with coco(bricks)
Homemade Aero18 hydroponics sys

Nutrients/Feeds GH(eu) Flora Series
Topmax
Superthrive
Mollases
Blossom Blood
Bat poo tea
Epson salt

Strains Currently Being Grown OG Kush (cut)
Purple Haze (cut)
Nirvana(AK48)+(Chrystal)
Delicious(CriticalSensiStar)
+Some Spacial Jamicans

Originally i sowed these seeds to try and find a mate for my og cut, and all were put straight into 6.5 ltr pots.
After the incedent i removed them and put them all in a singlr 0.5 ltr pot under a 36w florecent.

Sorry for all the delays but heres the pics...

Philbert says so....

The grow room
How i had em
What the F
How i got em now
Melvan

Melvan

No, those will not continue to grow roots and no leaves will come out. If there's no leaves for photosynthesis, then there's no sugars created, energy from these sugars is what causes the plant to grow. I'd say you're out of luck. Why would you sprout them all in one pot? That would have been a lot of stress on seedlings, trying to separate their roots for transplanting. Start each seed in its own container from now on.

Looks like what my cat did to my violets once.

You have some major stretch going on because you have them too far from the light. Even plants at different ages should be at an even canopy. That one in the back row needs the light moved down for sure.

If your seedlings stretch too much just mound a small amount of soil around the base for support until they are rooted enough to transplant. Then transplant them deep so only the leaves and a bit of stem are above the top.

Good luck.

Edited to add: You do have some nice bushy plants around the outer edge that look very green and nice, good job on those.

P

PhilBert1983

Thanks for the reply. All you help is very much appreciated.
Firstly...

Why would you sprout them all in one pot? That would have been a lot of stress on seedlings, trying to separate their roots for transplanting.

I didn't they were all separate but once they were eaten i put them all in one pot.
(Just to see what would happen?)

second..

You have some major stretch going on because you have them too far from the light. Even plants at different ages should be at an even canopy. That one in the back row needs the light moved down for sure.

This is my grow room and it has an angled top. Also the straight one's in the back row are Auto's (Joint Doctor's: Diesel Ryder [my F2's]).

I'm creating seeds and don't want them near my blooming lady's. Plus the grow room is on 20/4 lighting which is perfect for autos. I know it's MH, but it works well.

I will be adding some reflective material soon, but time has been tight and this room wasn't planed.

The reason i did this is because i saw a thread that was about root cloning cannabis.
So thought that as the only part of exposed plant tissue is turning green, that maybe there may be a chance of something happening.
I enjoy gardening as a hobby and know that plants are capable of some amazing things.

If i don't try how will i know for sure?
There's only one way to find out.

deadcat

deadcat

I know root damage will create leaves that appear bitten... You got something crawling in that soil?

P

PhilBert1983

I don't think there is..

When i first encountered it, they were all attacked at the same time, overnight.
The very first thing i did was go through with a fine tooth comb to try and find the lil blighter that caused my blood to boil.
Because they were all damaged and being that the pots and the coco were new, i removed all the baby tap roots and transplanted all 12 into the one pot.

I then went through the remaining medium to try and find the culprit but nothing.
I also have other seedlings that are a few Weeks behind but nothing like that happened.

After a much needed "Medication break", I think that i have come to a conclusion as to what happened.

Like C.S.I, I will be looking at the evidence for my answer.

Clue1# All plants were attacked at the same time on the same day.

Clue2# All seed shells were found on the top of the soil-even the buried ones.

Clue3# This was the first time it has happened and no changes have been made over the last three months or so.

Clue4# The old lady next door passed away a few week ago. May God bless her!

Conclusion: Quite simple really....I think she had mice and now they have ran out of food and looking at my address as their new potential home.

I'm in the process of finding evidence to back up my claims but have not found anything yet, but will keep you informed.

The Future

Now i think i will try to focus one what may still happen.
I know i clutching at straws but, i can't loose anything. Just time and i have a lil to spare, so why not.

Just hopeing that growth may still happen some how.

Has anybody got any ideas as to why this may or may not work???
any feed back will help.

thanks

P

PhilBert1983

con clution: Not a thing happened.
worth the try.
No mice, no bugs nothing.

If anyone can show me anything simular that would be really appriciated.
Or direct me to anything that may help.

Top Bottom