What they hell is this? (Bug)

• Thread starter 420hobbygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

I found a few of these orange spots on the stems of a few girls. I also see white dry like clumps. I think the white clumps may cause the orange staining but not sure. Anyone know what we’re looking at here?

I’m running 20 different girls in 1-gal pots of coco in a 5x5. Meant to flip earlier but life things happened.

I got some Dr Zymes and some Lost Coast Plant Therapy I’m going to apply with a fogger beginning tomorrow night. I also noticed some calcium deficiency starting to show so I’m foliar feeding calimagic at the same time (and increasing calcium in my reservoir).

Thanks in advance.

What they hell is this bug
What they hell is this bug 2
420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Bump :) my petratools mini fogger just arrived so I’ll be spraying the dr zymes tonight.

strider26554

strider26554

hard to tell from the pic but is the lil white thing fuzzy? if it is , then its an fuzzy aphid, if its smooth obviously insect like in build and texture then its an egg, and probably laid by a moth, do you ever see moths in your grow room? little gray innocuous looking moths lay the eggs that alot of the worms we get on weed come from. also i see light burn on the small leaf behind your hand in the one pic, just mentioning that.

2Bad

2Bad

I trust Strider he seems to know what he's talking about. But if it's not an egg or a aphid then it's probably just some nutrients that got sweat out I get that sometimes but mine are tiny hard white dots

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I've got a magnified pic of cannabis aphids in all stages of life in this thread. I don't know much about other pests but I'm painfully familiar with these aphids. The bug in your pic could be one, the color is almost right.

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Thanks everyone! I was thinking possibly aphids. I have Dr Zymes, Azamax and Lost Coast Plant Therapy I’m going to rotate every 3 days for the next few weeks.

Also, I suppose I should dial my LED down a bit. I knew I was pushing it. I’m at 80% strength out of 1300 available watts in a 5x5. I noticed it was too hot in there a while back and adjusted my exhaust settings but was hoping the light itself wouldn’t cause and stress. Thanks for the additional info @strider26554

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

I've got a magnified pic of cannabis aphids in all stages of life in this thread. I don't know much about other pests but I'm painfully familiar with these aphids. The bug in your pic could be one, the color is almost right.
Checking this out now, thank you!

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Btw, I didn’t add the hyperlinks to the products I listed, the farm did that automatically. Just FYI is all. ✌🏼

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I've only tried sticky traps and insecticidal soap and they both help to keep the numbers down. You can make your own insecticidal soap, I used Safers and then DIY, they both make the little fuckers twitch and then die on contact. I use 1.5 tsp dish soap and 1 tsp vegetable oil per liter of water.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Hard to see from the pick but may be white fly. But you would see them start to fly around.

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Hard to see from the pick but may be white fly. But you would see them start to fly around.
Yea, I haven't seen any bugs yet, just these dry white clump type shit.. although it's way thicker in here than I wanted, flip got delayed because of "life" lol.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yea, I haven't seen any bugs yet, just these dry white clump type shit.. although it's way thicker in here than I wanted, flip got delayed because of "life" lol.
Oh haha ya if it’s not moving your fine bro I have seen this randomly before.

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Just an update.. got a better pic of the thang. I’m thinking white fly.. but I’m a novice.

173E9177 1941 4526 AFD8 32C98D57502C

Top Bottom