What Time Of Day Do You Cut And Vut?

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I've looked and done searches but haven't found what time of day to cut an outdoor plant for optimum results. I know that there's something to this and some pharmers are religious and even superstitious about it. I just don't remember what the reasoning was.

Any old timers feel like putting in your two cents? I'd once heard an explanation and would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks in advance!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
During the nightime the plants don't really uptake nutrients/liquid.

Once the light hits their leaves they start drawing nutrients+water up from the roots to the leaves/branches/flowers etc.

So best time is before any lights hit their leaves. It will make for a smoother smoke.

Last edited:
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Awesome! Thank you so much for the explanation. Right before morning twilight it is!

D

DustinBowls

There is a 24 hour terpine production chart somewhere out there. It says peak is right before sunrise and those terps are expelled through the day to protect the plant. I don't know if its true or not, and don't know where to find the document.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Yes its pretty much true its produces everything to protect its self from insects to UV to Weather as the sun beat down on it it slowly gets depleted during the day during the night cycle the plant repairs damaged cells and replenishes what was used up..
So if you really think about it you here people saying it does not matter correct you can cut any time you like lol its your plants .
this is why people talk about leaving plants in the dark 24 - 48 hrs before harvest same concept and there was a company or what ever called the stitching institute that tested this theory they found that some strains THC increased and in others there was no difference.
personally i when i was growing indoor i planned it out that plants had at least 24 hrs of darkness before i chopped so shut every thing down day before and still have fans going an all with cooler temps then usual

Out door i chop after Second Frost and about 10 -11ish am
Allowing time for the plant to actually dry up from early morning dew

There is a reason why you dry weed in the dark because it degrades same thing applies when the plant is alive and in sunlight it degrades during the day
Chiefs chop there veggies early in mornings because its crispier later in the day for instance lettuce will be soft

Top Bottom