What time of day do you usually run your 12/12 ?

• Thread starter deeweeb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

deeweeb

I was wondering if there is any consensus about when is the best time of day to run the 12/12 period ?

What are most of you doing ?

D

DoobieMonster

As long as you're controlling climate and the light cycle it shouldn't matter. I prefer 8a.m. to 8 p.m. cuz then theres no lights on in the house when I go to sleep.

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
During the day the flir cameras do not work...keep that in mind when considering your options...

aldus

aldus

2pm-2am

Gives me time to work with them a little bit before work and then after work. (2nd shift)

pork

pork

3pm to 3am...same logic as aldus.....

some places have electricity charged at tiered rates or timed rates....my electricity is tiered, so anytime of the day is fine to run my lights. if i was getting charged differrent rates at different times of the day, i would set my lights to run during the cheapest part of that cycle

but out here in the bay area, pg&e is tiered, so run your lights whenever you want

A

afatsoweezer

to emulate the change in seasons, as close as possible.

R

Rolln J

I run 8 pm to 8 am - easy to keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter - Im a night owl - so that works out well for me also and people are way less likely to drop in un-announced during that time as well. Where I live theres no budget for flir and Im a med grow anyway - so I dint worry about that.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

as stated earlier, as long as rates aren't tiered anytime is fine, so long as its 12 hrs w/o any interuptions, personally I run mine during the day so as to have a quiet and dark night for sake of my family, base your choice on temps, rates, and privacy and you should be good

E

easypleasie

I run 8pm to 8am like Rolln for the same reasons. Another plus is your meter isn't going crazy during the day hours when folks can see it. Before they switched to digital meters, my dial was spinning like crazy!

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
I run 8 pm to 8 am - easy to keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter - Im a night owl - so that works out well for me also and people are way less likely to drop in un-announced during that time as well. Where I live theres no budget for flir and Im a med grow anyway - so I dint worry about that.

Same as Rolln J but 10:00pm-10:00am easy to control temps and environment during winter and summer...Atm the temps drop really bad at night here in the UK so this really helps keeping them warm...

dayday

S

ShorelineTex

There are certain climates, such as say...Texas...where at certain times during the year, it is nearly impossible during daytime to run many watts and control the climate effectively at the same time. Much more effective to run the wattage at night, when it's a bit easier to keep cool.

Venom818

Venom818

12pm to 12am with the weather here in cali its perfect 70 to 80 during the day 60 to 70 when lights are off.

R

Rysam

I flower from 7pm til 7 am and I veg from 6pm till noon. both of those avoid the lovely "peak usage" rates in CA., keeps it cooler, and gives me plenty of time to work in there after the kids go to bed and a checkup before they wake up.

R

Radio_Dread

i run mine from 9pm - 9am. its cooler at night and there are no other lights on in my house. so it evens out electricty use. its in the basement so no windows to worry about. plus it nice to go to sleep and wake up and notice the new growth and tell your sexy ladies good night before the light turns off....lol

S

Siksol

Run mine from 9pm to 9am due to the lower ambient temps at night help with the extra heat from the lights and the higher temps during the day keep the grow area warm when the extra heat from the lights is not present.

Latest posts

Top Bottom