What To Do??? 1st Grow Help

• Thread starter ccWTF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccWTF

ccWTF

My roots are geting too long and are laying in water. Should i trim them?
The drain hole is in the side of the bucket and there is usually 2" of water. Its a top feed drip system. Originally it was a DWC system and thats why i used buckets. Considering changing over to 4" PVC pipe system. Almost ready to flip?
What to do 1st grow help
What to do 1st grow help

What to do 1st grow help 2
potter007

potter007

NO, do not cut her feet off lol.. let them hang brother and ask her nicely to continue to fill the rest of you Rez with nice water roots.. lol you are ok grasshopper, as long as know bubblers or drains or clogged your golden..

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

definitely don't trim the root. I would scrap the bucket, get a 3 gal pot and put 2/3 happy frog soil 1/3 perlite. Give it water and let it veg for about a week or two. Then flip. If the water is not aerated properly or exchanged properly it could lead to root rot if left in standing water.

What kind of bulb is that?

good luck man.

potter007

potter007

if there is solution in the bucket get a air stone and your set if not then thick about a medium to fill the space.. Perlite, rockwool, perlite and coco 50/50 is as close as i would go to "soil" atmosphere. Reason being if im not mistaken; I only ran bubblers as experiments(to many power outages, hurricanes, storms in Houston)

But those are air/water roots, and being such they are made different than soil roots. I have to look to be specific as difference; but one is smooth the other roots system is fuzzy or furry looking. No soil go any medium that you can feed like hydro or keep feeding like drip.. you can even do a 30% coco 30% peat 40% perlite.. i have had success in doing this after finding bugs on the surface of my water(which came from rockwool or hyrdroton) she went into shock for about 2 weeks or more until i foliar fed her and she started back perking. lol i was young as hell and dumb.. way before i discovered the forums. lol you are in the right place.

ccWTF

ccWTF

Hey thanks for the advice .I put a glass dish inside the bucket to keep roots out of the water. I shall pickup a bag o perlite tomorrow and "pad" t he bottom of the buckets for now.
0109290242986af902e1c844f96b1681ede88cde69

01c4d1de76b2e46e64999bbeb4c6fa529bd2f7bf7b
potter007

potter007

you dont have to keep them out of the water.. just put some bubble in it until you get medium..and get some hygrozyme or someting of the sort to help with root rot.. and grow on brother..

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I'd just stick an air stone in each bucket like other have suggested. You'll get even better root growth and problem solved ;)

Top Bottom