What To Do About Questionable Pests?

• Thread starter ScoobyDoobie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ScoobyDoobie

ScoobyDoobie

Hi, new to the forum excited for my first indoor grow, I wouldn't say I am new to this but this is my first grow solely on my own so much knowledge on here figured I'd ask about my first probelm.. Growing feminized seeds ordered from a bank, right now i have 6 in solo cups. I used MG seedling starter.. I know not the best and could be hot in nutes but it was the best i could get. They are about 9 days from sprout, growing their first set of 3 fingered leaves. I thought they were looking healthy but today when I watered them for the first time in a couple days I saw a very small fly come out of one of my cups! I tried to kill it but it got away. Then as I watered the soil i saw some small what looks like white worms but these were very tiny in two of my cups. If they weren't squirming at the surface i wouldn't have noticed them. Gnat flies? i looked up the larvae these looked all white.. Does this mean all are infected?

ScoobyDoobie

ScoobyDoobie

ive done my best not to overwater.. I think it was the first couple days of sproutlings i thought it was smart to keep plastic bags over the cups and keep it as humid as possible.. I have since moved locations i keep a humidifier in and fan going at all times.. I'm growing three strains, the two cups i saw them in were of the same.. could i just take those out, would that prevent it from spreading? Also from my understanding the dunks will only get rid of the larvae, that's the main problem but what about the adults.. I will try to post pics soon

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

sorry yellow stick cards from the grow store. we all get em. I wouldn't throw everything out. You need something on hand to keep em knocked back when you see them anyway. The dunks need to be soaked for 2 days min in a bucket of water 3 days better and then just mix in your feed and water them then put the yellow sticky cards on top. they also make gnatrol and gnatnix other products to fuck with em. They are little bastards. but wont mess you up too bad if you have a plan and hit em with the dunks few days apart. good luck

ScoobyDoobie

ScoobyDoobie

thank you could they have caused slow growth? because all my other plants ive grown had more leaves at this point.. I'm using a LED looks like a t5 3000 lumens 5k

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

it you only got those seedlings in the room you can do 60% let me see if i can dig up a chart.
Marijuana seedlings humidity level

Week 1 growth: 60%
Week 2 growth: 60%
Week 1 flower: 55%
Week 2 flower: 50%
Week 3 flower: 50%
Week 4 flower: 50%
Week 5 flower: 50%
Week 6 flower: 45%
Week 7 flower: 45%
Week 8 flower: 40%
Week 9 flower: 40%

check this out for optimal rates

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally cannot recommend mosquito dunks, especially any purchased from Amazon, they didn't even work on the mosquitoes. I ended up finding relief with Spinosad drenches in combination with bleaching my drains.

Top Bottom