What to do with extra plants/space

• Thread starter sonygarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sonygarden

sonygarden

so I have my greenhouse setup all done for this season, and now trying to figure out what to do with extra space and plants. I have 3 flat tiers of space. Originally I was going to do all full outdoor plants, as I have a bunch of 300 gallon smart pots. But got to wondering about better options. Here were a few thoughts… I don’t really want to go balls in on infrastructure or anything. This is kind of a “bonus space” to make the best of. I can fit about 16 total full outdoor plants if I do 8 feet or so in between.. here were my other thoughts

A) just do 1 plant per 300 gallon pot and hope they explode in size

B) do multiple plants per 300 gallon pot and just get a nice sea of green in each pot

C)fill the entire space with the extra plants in 3 gal pots and let them do whatever they do in those small pots… in the past me and my partner had extra space, and we just bought a shitload of Kings mix in bags, laid a ton of bags out and planted right in the bags. Or buy a bunch of those cheap ass plastic bag pots and bomb out the area with like 10-20 gallon bags

What to do with extra plantsspace
What to do with extra plantsspace 2
sonygarden

sonygarden

I mean I can, but once I go one route it’s not like I can go back.. I guess what I’m saying is, if you could choose, would u go with 1 big plant in a 300 gallon pot, and do 6 of those on the teir, or fit 9 plants in that same space in 20 gallon plastic pots. I can fit 6 outdoor plants on the teir, giving them about 8 feet of space between each pot.. or I can put 3 plants in each 300 gallon pot, or like I said, just bomb the whole teir out with smaller plants and get a whole row of canopy. Just basically trying to get the most out of the extra space I have. In the past as I said, me and my boy had an extra flat teir, so we just stacked it with 20 gallon pots, rolled a few levels of trellis over it and let them go. I guess it’s a few big plants vs many smaller plants thing. I have a lot of extra plants so I’d like to use what I can. Just looking for others experiences and what you would do :)

rayi

rayi

I don't have any idea. I never had that nice of a problem. Good luck

Top Bottom