what to do with low cfm fans

• Thread starter virgil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

virgil

Hey guys,

I recently lucked into a couple of fans for free. They are both about 180 cfm with 4in connections/flanges or whatever. I tried the fan and a scrubber out with an air cooled hood inside of a 3x3 tent running a 400 watter. I was planning on giving the setup to a friend to work with but surprisingly, the fan just isn't enough to cool the tent.

I also question on whether this fan and the small canfilter 9000 is even enough to handle air cleansing all the genetics these days.

Am I screwing up somewhere or is this fan worthless. I'd like to think i messed up the setup somehow but can't figure out where.

Assuming these fans are too small for this job, what do you do with them. seems like using them as intake is overkill.

appreciate any input in helping me get my stuff together and dialed.

20north

well the scrubbers cut the cfm in half that is your problem the fan for the scrubber is too small.. when i setup anything i over do it by a little bit

no!! not overkill on the intake.. using them as in take isnt over kill thats a good fan for an intake for a tent of that size

V

virgil

no!! not overkill on the intake.. using them as in take isnt over kill thats a good fan for an intake for a tent of that size

it seems like most people would be doing passive intake for this size. Would using these as intake actually decrease temps?

thanks

B

been

You should use them on the lights and find something else for the filter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom