What to do with two plants with 15 in height difference? | First grow noob

• Thread starter Bukk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bukk

Bukk

Hello everyone!

I still have more pruning to do today, but I’m not sure if there’s anything I should do about my one plant being much shorter than my other plant. Spider farmer guide says to leave 12-18 inch between light and top of canopy for the flowering stage. There’s about a 14 inch difference in canopy height between the two plants. One plant is either going to be too close or too far from the light (based on light manufacturer’s recommended distance). Please advise if I should do anything or if it’s ok.

Also, I know I messed up and vegged for too long but is there anything I can do about my one plant possibly outgrowing the tent? I am on day 9 of flower and there is about 8 inches left to move the light up.

Also, just want to say thank you to everyone that has helped me in my previous posts! People like Moe.Red that consistently give me feedback and tips— thank you!

What to do with two plants with 15 in height difference  first grow noob
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Dude I've been there! Same system.

You are gonna have to pinch and bend those tops over. Raise that net if you can and start weaving colas into it to make a flatish top.

Nice job on the trim.

EDIT BTW - Are you sure you labeled them right? I've grown both and they were like Penn and Teller but backwards from what you have. What genetics are you running?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Im a soil grower. I was initially gonna tell you put it on a paint can. But then I saw your rig thats not so easy to prop up on a block lol 😂

Maxwax

Maxwax

Be fucking careful. I see heartbreak ahead. Id get a second net in right away and start bending. Can you move your exhaust system outside the tent?

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

its not unheard of some people taking actual hedge clippers and just leveling the canopy. im not necessarily saying do that. But you could snip them off by a foot or 2 off here and there. just patch it up with some repair sap. the bottoms will spring forth andbecome the new tops. Better than running out of room.

Try supercropping and if they're too stiff just snip the bastards. They've got time to recover from 4 or 5 snips.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

i see you lollipopped a bit much already... but there's still some there for a nice tabletop.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

its not unheard of some people taking actual hedge clippers and just leveling the canopy. im not necessarily saying do that. But you could snip them off by a foot or 2 off here and there. just patch it up with some repair sap. the bottoms will spring forth andbecome the new tops. Better than running out of room.

Try supercropping and if they're too stiff just snip the bastards. They've got time to recover from 4 or 5 snips.
For sure It's called a deep topping I do it all the time. Usually when I was lazy on my maintenance and let them get too tall in veg before moving them into the flower tent. I just chop the top off and let them rebound a bit then flip them.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

give it a few days to recover from the pruning you just did. then make 5 or 6 chops. thats what i would do.

Top Bottom