what to plant?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

HI people.
can someone tell me what i can put in ground to put nutrients in to the soil?please.

sun

sun

how about clover ive heard about farmers growing clover &, then turning them under to put nutes in the soil

G

guanoman

rye is really good but yu must turn it after growing season.or a great organic soil additive such as "thunder".works great,also worm castings,dolomite lime, green sand,and some epsom salt, cow shit and pig shit are great nitrogen additives to poor soil or any animal shit that feeds on field grasses.all natural!!

G

greenthumb

Im turning the backyard into a huge covered chicken run so they will be shitting everywhere that should be good enough!

C

captain.koons

HI people.
can someone tell me what i can put in ground to put nutrients in to the soil?please.

farmers generally use nitrogen fixing crops every 5-6 years to renew their soil.

unless you have a lot of land - blood meal, bone meal, and hair are really cheap if not free. I know many cities that have a compost pile at their junk yards where you can take as much as you like home.

Personally I'm a scavenger I pick up large amounts of coffee grounds to grow mushrooms with or put in my compost piles, I generally take peoples yard clippings, I collect veggie waste from friends who own restaurants and feed to my worms or throw it in my compost piles.

Lots and lots of cheap ways to compost. For my outdoor garden if compost is low I just buy some blood meal / bone meal. That usually only happens for my beds because I like to dump my compost piles right into the garden.

EDIT: Pick up horse shit from people with horses. A friend of mine has 30 horses and that amounts to 5 or so wheel barrels a day. I found a lady who had 20 years of poo saved up from her 6 horses and paid me to move it for her. Jokes on her I made/saved a lot of money picking that up.

Top Bottom