What To Think About When Going For A 1,000 Sqm Greenhouse?

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I'm looking into a legit business opportunity, i'm very confidant and i hope i am capable of pulling this off. but I need you guys to help me better understand the criteria for establishing and operating a 1,000 squared meters greenhouse- equipped with a full climate control system, irrigation etc.

The goal is to be able to start growing at any point of the year and to of course to maximize yield. Right now my approach is to have Maximum Number raised beds of 1x1 meters (sorry for the metric shit).

This is allot of money, and I'll get all the paid help i'll need.

I'm not a big time farmer, nor a knowledgeable grower like many of the people in this forum which i have full respect for but i have high hopes and higher motivation. Sorry if this is too newbie, cause i really hope to get some perspective with your guys' help. Any idea or constructive criticism is welcome.

I have lots of requirements (16 pages) and operational criteria for this projects, legal issues, security etc. but i don't want to overload you guys with data, i'll be glad to answer any questions you have about what i missed here.

There's no germination on site, We get healthy rooted clones and take it from there.

I have many questions but i'll start with these and see the traffic;) :

How many of 1x1 meters beds can fit in this greenhouse?
Is growing monsters the right way to go here, or would i be better with a different model?
What would you do for irrigation for this volume?
Which climate control and lighting systems are required for being able to grow all year in this capacity?
Whats the men power required?

Thank you farmers!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You planning on full season or light dep?
If plant count isn't a issue I would rock a SOG light dep.

MrBlah

MrBlah

How many of 1x1 meters beds can fit in this greenhouse?
Is growing monsters the right way to go here, or would i be better with a different model?
What would you do for irrigation for this volume?
Which climate control and lighting systems are required for being able to grow all year in this capacity?
Whats the men power required?

1. Depends on spacing. If you want it to be difficult to move around, you could put 1000 of them in there. If you want bigger plants, space them farther apart. If you want to easily move around, space them farther apart. If you want to make the most of the area inside, space them closer together.
2. I personally don't think there is a best answer to this.
3. Drip irrigation and misting. Drip irrigation for your primary feeding. Misting for foliar applications.
4. Depends on where you are and if you only want to make sure photo period is maintained or if you want yield to be affected.
5. Depends on how hard they work, how good they are, and how many hours/week you make them work.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

No, just playing.

So, one of my greenhouses are 1400 sq ft. 30x48x17tall. I grew 12 large plants and filled that greenhouse no problem.

#1 - all depends on the floor layout. I know this is an extreme, but if your greenhouse is only 10ft wide, then that changes my answer all together.

#2 - Growing monsters is great for plant counts. You can outproduce, grow healthier crops, and have more success with smaller quicker plants. If plant counts didn't matter, I would stuff my greenhouse with a thousand plants, instead of 12.

#3 - Dripworks.com Check them out. They have everything you need. I would look into their 1/4 and 1/2 inline drip emitters.

#4 - Depends on your climate. However, the more you setup and pay for today, the happier you will be. The time has come for pimped out greenhouses and a commercial environment.

#5 - I run a one man show, and you would be surprised how much I grew, harvested, trimmed and sold.

Hope this helps.....And don't ask what 1400 sq ft is....lol.

Top Bottom