What to use, and how to use it ?

• Thread starter Sympz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sympz

Sympz

Hello fellow farmers.

I'm setting up my 2nd grow going from hydro rockwool to coco. i
m going to be growing 4 Greenhouse GWS, Flowering them in 30L pots under 600 w hps

So i've been reading a lot of sites and still haven't decided on the nutrients. My first grow i had problems with overfeeding and lock outs. but not this time. With all my reading i am still not sure what nutes to buy and in what ratio i should use them.

The nutrients available in my country is atami(most atami), GHS and advanced nutrients. I have come to think AN is crap by reading the forums on this site but i would like your input on this.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could help me figure this out.

what to buy and how to use it:) still learning

Sympz

Sympz

Ive also noticed that atami has a coco line of a&b. could that really be any batter then lets say AN sensi a&b? :/

hiboy

hiboy

Advanced will do u well.
Keep ur ppms under 1000, gradually building up so not to shock em.
Im thinking about making the change to coco from RW, but change is hard..
hb

B

bentley

Pick a good base add some cal mag , silica , something for the roots , a enzyme , some myco's , something to feed the myco's sweet, bud candy, molasses any of those would work and a good bloom booster start low and raise your ppm slowly with each watering

B

bentley

Which brand you pick is up to you depends on budget and whats avaliable

N

norcal

Where do you live where that is your only choices? I always will strongly recommend House and Garden over Advanced if you have the money for it. House and Garden initial price is about the same but per gal is about half as much to mix. House and Garden has a very good Coco A&B base nute which is what I use and love it. They also have a silica, Roots, and Enzyme product lol. I actually don't use their silica product but use a different companies. Their Roots Excelurator I will use no matter what companies nutrient line I use. It is the best product on the shelfs IMO.

I've used Advanced and thought it was good but a lot of their products aren't very good. They do have some good ones but if I was you I wouldn't run that line because of the price and I just don't like their company.

House and Garden is just a suggestion I am sure you could order it if you decided you wanted it but when people tell you a line it is usually a biased opinion so do your research and ultimately pick what you feel fits your budget and will work best for you.

Sympz

Sympz

i live on an island in the middle of the atlantic ocean*hint,hint* :) im thinking of using Atami coco base and using AN additives but www.planta.is this is basically what i have to choose from :Þ

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Go with the gh
I used it with coco for years with great success.
I keep thinking a out switching back.
Gh 3 part, floralicious plus, and a bloom booster.
Make sure you have plenty of run off and do a good flush at the end.

S

stonedinthe902

go with the advanced nutrients sensi line (ph/ppm perfect edition). you'll get great results, and it's great for growers that are still dialing in their specific enviornment/strain. a lot of forgiveness with it, and you won't have to buy any ph related gear (ph down, ph meter) or a ppm meter, just follow the instructions and it's too easy to get very good results.

some people will hate on AN because they market alot, apparently. truth is i don't read pot culture magazines, or goto pot culture events, so i've never once seen an ad from them - i got introduced to their product through word of mouth. either way, whether or not i agree with their business practices (i actually don't care/know either way, again i'm isolated from the internet bullshit rumours since i'm not a pot scenester) they do actually make a decent product.

after this grow, you'll have a better feel for your particular enviornment/plants, and the confidence of a successful grow under your belt (and all the knowledge you're sure to gain from completing a successful grow), and you can try experimenting with other brands of nutrients and additives knowing that the rest of your setup is good to go... but for now, i'd really recommend the always-forgiving ph-ppm perfect shit.

Sympz

Sympz

is it ok to mix a and b into a bottle of water and then adding to my rez for desired ppm/ec?

A

alexei

is it ok to mix a and b into a bottle of water and then adding to my rez for desired ppm/ec?
no. do not combine a +b unless they have been diluted.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I highly recommend A1 Nutes but since u can't get then Flora Nova is great too.. If u got the money AN is good stuff also..

deep buddy

deep buddy

you might try cns-17 line really good simple fert bas. id stick with the hydro/orignal formula. or there is always veg&bloom or maxi style one part dry ferts that are cheap, store well, and are usually really easy to get. hope that helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom