What To Use For A Sticker/spreader With Foliar?

• Thread starter Natural
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

Like all comments here. Yucca for the win.

I also found this:

makes some good points as well.

I was thinking molasses as a spreader sticker. When I spray tea I never add a spreader sticker...

Thanks Cap..definitely appreciate the response and the link. It was a good read. Pretty much what I expected. Going the tea route next time and plan on getting a good yucca based sticker to have around.

Natural

Natural

as seamaiden suggested a couple drops of liquid soap is a great spreader/sticker.
not sure if you read the entire thread chikken..but that IS the discussion..from what I gather it's not the best idea for beneficials.
Organic wet betty
thanks for the input kes...looks like that product is mostly yucca..looks promising
0.06% Saponin
0.15% Yucca Extract
1.75% Non-Ionic Surfactant
99.79% Inert Ingredients (water)

Natural

Natural

Not avail in Cali
Sorry D...those ingredients are for spreading chems.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONING AGENT:
Alcohol ethoxylate, alkylphenol ethoxylate............................................80.0%
CONSTITUENTS INEFFECTIVE AS SPRAY ADJUVANT:.....................20.0%
TOTAL:..................................................................................................100.0%

Guys..this thread is pertaining to Cap's OGBioWar beneficials...We are looking for anything that won't kill the beneficials. Please read the link Cap posted..some good info there.

Natural

Natural

Cool I've just been using the foliar pack with no wetting agent. I wasn't sure if that was the right product.
Yes that's what I did..next time going to brew the foliar with a small bit of molasses and ewc. I was doing a quick foliar with just settled talc/bennies in RO...for a quick app.
Just didn't want to kill them with soap.

M

moemoe08

as long as the soap is biodegradable its safe. dont use antibacterial soap. stuff like coco wet wont work well with neem oil. oil wont help oil stick. soap or protekt will help oil stick. yucca extract is what i use for foliar of bennies.

Delerium

Delerium

looks like Beneficials in a bottle..too bad they don't list the species though. I'd use it for teas.
Exactly, I didn't realize all the benies in there. I thought it was more like a tea. So I didn't want to waste my packs or vice versa.
This spring I might build a real brewer instead of playing around.
I'll call them this week get more info, already friday.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
not sure if you read the entire thread chikken..but that IS the discussion..from what I gather it's not the best idea for beneficials.

thanks for the input kes...looks like that product is mostly yucca..looks promising
0.06% Saponin
0.15% Yucca Extract
1.75% Non-Ionic Surfactant
99.79% Inert Ingredients (water)
Ah, reread what he said, he doesn't think it's done much harm. That said, he also feels there's no need to add an additional surfactant, adjuvant, or what-have-you in presence of the sticky exudates specifically the bacteria put out. :)

I personally don't want to pay for over 99% water, that's just ridiculous, which was why I suggested the very low rate of soaps. Now that I know it's not really needed, I won't mess with it at all.
Alfalfa meal in your tea will work as a surfactant/wetting agent. Not near as messy as yucca, and way cheaper.
I did not know that! I regularly use hay sweepings that I get for free from the local feed shop for my teas, but I usually make them separately because of the stank factor. Hmmm.... good to know, thanks. Gives me an idear or three.

Natural

Natural

yep just a tea foliar for me next time..glad to report that it's been 2 weeks and have not seen a single flier in there. There were a few buzzing around a few days after..but they're dead now. Can't believe how well it worked...I've seen lesser results from azamax and BMC.

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
I've been using this it's a yucca based prouduct
JH Biotech 214 Natural Wet Wetting Agent
have not checked anything with a microscope but it's definatly better than getting forced anal by big mike and wet Betty...

Last edited:
Tnelz

Tnelz

Somebody should check out Uber fds. Haven't tried yet but I intend to. They have a couple foliar products that sound great. But f d s sounds like a real good wetting agent.

sixstring

sixstring

i was given a quart of "wet betty" from the grow store and it seems to work well.but if i remeber right,its kinda pricey

Tnelz

Tnelz

i was given a quart of "wet betty" from the grow store and it seems to work well.but if i remeber right,its kinda pricey
They are giving it away almost at my store. Grabbed a bottle of the organic version. Not bad. Like Coco wet better though.

Top Bottom