What Trimming Scissors Do You Use?

• Thread starter Bronco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bronco

Bronco

OK so this is my first grow so I ask lost of ?'s. I did search with no luck......Just wondering what you like to trim with? Scissors ? Brand ....Type....
Thanks

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I use these, seems most people do, they're perfect for trimming, small, easy to hold, fine point for getting those tight spots, etc., spring loaded so they're much easier to work with. You can get them with titanium coating also, actually, the last time I bought some they had a deal for a two pack of them so, I'm using those right now.
Really great brand of scissors, I'd go with them for any other scissor needs as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Soft...d=1506054881&sr=8-7&keywords=fiskars+scissors

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

OK so this is my first grow so I ask lost of ?'s. I did search with no luck......Just wondering what you like to trim with? Scissors ? Brand ....Type....
Thanks

Nose hair trimmers work best super small and thin with that curved blades makes it super easy to get inside the buds for a real nice trim.

Hydro head

Hydro head

Braid fishing line scissors work well, not to big and stay sharp for a while, cheap as well

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Fiskars I just ordered 10 2 packs of the cheaper ones(straight blade ) on amazon 11.99 for 2 pack we'll see how they hold up ! Yeah I know cheaping out on my trimmers we'll see if they notice hahahah

Organikz

Organikz

I use bonsai shears. More control.
d65bc004-5f5a-4f9a-b841-eabe37644309_1.c8fdbffb9d5ae197d4253d8f6dba543a.jpeg

Irish063

Irish063

I use fiskars like posted above. Worked great for me.
I have two pair. While I use one I have the other sitting in coconut oil on a warming plate ($6 scented wax warmer from Walmart). Wipe on a paper towel and your good to go for another 8-10 mins.
Got this as a tip from @Seamaiden. Works awesome.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Fiskers here as well . They come with a holster that fits on your belt for larger grows. Works great for general pruning and trimming of finished product.

wesk

wesk

My son and I like the curved ARS type (ARS SS-320BM); my nephew likes Fiskars. It's a personal decision. If you plan on trimming more than once or twice, try multiple trimmers and choose the one you like.

bongzaway

bongzaway

sprng-loaded Fiskars but must be curved. i dont know how anyne can trim with straight scissors. try both and you'll most likely be hooked on curved blades/

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I saw somewhere that someone was talking about these Chikamasa trimming scissors, I mentioned them to the wife and, being the good woman she is, she bought me a pair for Christmas to try out. Always loved those spring loaded Fiskars but, with my condition, my hands have gotten so weak that it's extremely difficult for me to keep applying the pressure against the spring. These work so easily that it shouldn't be any stress on my hand in either direction keeping these going, we'll see anyway but, really impressed with how easily they work. Of course, I haven't done any actual trimming with them yet. Will report back when I have and let everyone know.
Chikamasa

Got 'em right on Amazon, like just about everything else... lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I bet you could fashion a spring to the inside "stop tabs" and make it spring loaded somewhat easily.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I saw somewhere that someone was talking about these Chikamasa trimming scissors, I mentioned them to the wife and, being the good woman she is, she bought me a pair for Christmas to try out. Always loved those spring loaded Fiskars but, with my condition, my hands have gotten so weak that it's extremely difficult for me to keep applying the pressure against the spring. These work so easily that it shouldn't be any stress on my hand in either direction keeping these going, we'll see anyway but, really impressed with how easily they work. Of course, I haven't done any actual trimming with them yet. Will report back when I have and let everyone know.
View attachment 766683
Got 'em right on Amazon, like just about everything else... lol
I love amazon, I go buy $500 gift cards from king snoopers so i don’t have to load cash in my bank ,.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Wow am I the only one using the cheap spring loaded green handle straight blade hydrofarm scissors? I've had multiple pairs for years now that I still constantly use. A ten pack of springs is a dollar & I cut about an 1/8th of an inch off to soften the squeeze just a little. I love them lol.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Wow am I the only one using the cheap spring loaded green handle straight blade hydrofarm scissors? I've had multiple pairs for years now that I still constantly use. A ten pack of springs is a dollar & I cut about an 1/8th of an inch off to soften the squeeze just a little. I love them lol.
Snapped the last pair cutting branches.. i shouldn't have used them... i break fiskars too

Top Bottom