What type of hoses does everyone use,Poly/rubber

• Thread starter Old Dirty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Old Dirty

Just wondering what is the best hose to use for MPB.

Poly/sil-o-flex hoses(I have loys of) for sprinkler systems or flex PVC hose/reg hose?

:afroweed:

Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

I've used the black poly and the blue rubber hose.

Both work great, algae can still grow in the blue hose, so black is better in that regard.

What you plan to use should be fine.

S

socalsinner

I like the flex kind at the grow shops not the kind at like lets say home depot for sprinklers

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

I was using 1/2" black poly from ngw that the hydro store sells. It was horrible stuff, kinked all the time. Since then I found some better black poly that the pond shops sell. The stuffs called joey brand or something like that.

Strait up, the pond stores have the quality hose.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I run the 3/4" home depot sprinkler stuff. Get a proper hose cutting tool to cut the hose or else it can be a real bitch.

mikeross

mikeross

Ditch the home depot cheap lower psi vinyl. I am currently using it in my room for all water lines, even for my water cooled a/c and chiller. Its complete garbage and will kink with ease. It mainly beings to be a pain in the ass when you make your overflows... stuff just doesnt want to curve.

Spend the extra dollars and either hard pipe the entire system or buy flexible hose.

If you are only doing a couple buckets I would seriously consider doing a hard piped setup. It wont cost a whole lot more and the overall system will run way more efficient.

F

fiftythree33

Hydrofarm black flex line from the hydrostore. The 1" was 95 cents a foot I think which is almost a dollar cheaper than that clear 1" from Home Depot. Pretty much stay away from Home Depot what they have is just overpriced crap product.

C

canaguy27

i gave up looking for decent hose and just went pvc pipe 100% with uniseals

O

Old Dirty

Thanks for all the replys. I decided to use what I have in my shop. I think the poly was from lowes. Once the build is done ill have a better idea of what works, bend/flex/fit/leak ect... I will post my thoughts and results....happy growing TREES

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I'm not talking about the clear stuff or the vinyl black hose that can kink. I use the flexi PVC irrigation hose, the stuff that's like 3/16" thick black PVC. Good luck kinking that stuff!

Top Bottom