• Start date
  • Tagged users None

What's happening ....

• Total voters
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
A Freak!! might turn out to be something special ! Keep us informed .. What is the strain?

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
It's called Whorled Phyllotaxy. Most of 'em are "Tri-Whorl", with three lateral stems;
Quads are more rare, I seen 'em with 5.

Does it continue with 4, or has it reverted to "normal phyllotaxy", which they usually do???

If they continue, after they segue from opposite to alternate;
they start whorling, very impressive looking.

@Sativied is doing good science on this: Breeding for whorled phyllotaxy --

I've got a nice male I'm gonna use as a breeder...
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sport-hunting.56603/page-12#post-1295909

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

I have never had one of these in my garden. Saw a Tri once but no quads.

Did have a blueberry that grew a few nodes quite normally then, on number five or six, it grew a fan leaf right off the top of the plant. Stopped the growth completely as there was no growth tip left, and this fan sat standing up on the top. Was kinda a rough start due to inexperience with coco. Never really thought about it till now. Check it out.
MutantBB MutantBB2

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

Did I say kinda, I mean i put these plants through utter hell not knowing how to control coco at the time!

way2green

way2green

Just saying that one throws me guessing. It may be fire and I hope it is. I just am not sure if that is rare or common. No disrespect!

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

A Freak!! might turn out to be something special ! Keep us informed .. What is the strain?
Ya a freak for sure. She's about 8' now and growing the tightest terminal bud I've seen in a few. Four shoots as aposed to two running up da top and. Branches peace tommy c

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

It's called Whorled Phyllotaxy. Most of 'em are "Tri-Whorl", with three lateral stems;
Quads are more rare, I seen 'em with 5.

Does it continue with 4, or has it reverted to "normal phyllotaxy", which they usually do???

If they continue, after they segue from opposite to alternate;
they start whorling, very impressive looking.

@Sativied is doing good science on this: Breeding for whorled phyllotaxy --

I've got a nice male I'm gonna use as a breeder...
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sport-hunting.56603/page-12#post-1295909
Your right geo. Thanks for getting at me and yes she ran to about 6' quad then broke to tri then two....but started 4 by four at the terminal around 7' and looks to me that she's going to produce a sexy dense main ..... I'll get some pics when I get back to da farm.... Takin a day or two r & r. Before September lol.... Peace tommy c omg..... O ya. She is a cross of pre 75 Colombia gold + pre 75 derbin poison hit with a mazar in 79 again in 81 to shorten the finish.... I just breed her again about 2 years ago with seedsman mazar I picked out of a 100 pack of regs... I ended up with 5 polys and this quad this year. Musta beed da seedsman because in all these years I never got the mutants from these landrace genitics....I think it's a good thing. I have found greatness before in other mutants lol.... It seems I now have 3 fenooos and all are finishing around September 10th to October 1st... At least it looks that way. What's really cool is I have a handful of thin leaf super tight internod sativas from this run and this strain has been really stable for tears.... I'll be painting lots of lower brantchs for sure. ...peace t

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
in all these years I never got the mutants from these landrace genitics....I think it's a good thing. I have found greatness before in other mutants lol....
I found LOTS of 'em in the "Square Grouper"/"Square Pig bales of gold/red Colombian--
in the '70's...

Top Bottom