What Was Your Dream Job As A Kid?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Hey all,

I thought it'd be fun to hear about what we all wanted to do when we "grew up". So lets hear it; what did you guys want to do for a living when you were a kid?

I wanted to be an Air Force pilot like my granddad. I found out later that at 6'3/1.93m I was to tall to fly (jets; I don't know the requirements for helicopters, transport planes, etc).

Kas

Myco

Myco

Cool thread idea. I wonder how many people will respond with: "a grower" lol

I also really wanted to be a pilot of sorts while I was growing up. But that never materialized.

But - in high school I was planning on being a web/graphic designer. Then, I realized there's no fucking way I could be at a computer all day... started college and dropped out at 19.

And ultimately got into the HVAC field. I now have my own business, and I can't complain at all. Oh, and also all grower ;)

An educate is extremely important... but man, fuck college.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I was very small, I wanted to either be a hippie or a stripper, so I could have a feather boa as part of my job.

Later on in life, I really wanted to be an archaeologist, and even began taking coursework in that area of study. But at that time the vast majority in the profession were living from government grant to government grant, in their VW vans, down by the river. I didn't want to live that way, so I took coursework in graphic arts. Idiotic on my part.

Around that same time, I thought I'd also really like to be a horse trainer. However, that's an extremely competitive field and it's extremely long, hard hours with little pay when you're just getting started as a groom. When I did the calculations and saw that I'd be working for less than half the minimum wage, I figured I'd better rely on that graphic arts degree.

And thus, I NEVER want to work for another printer ever again! Besides, there's almost no need in this day and age. :) I've gone back to being a hippie but I don't have my official Hippie Feather Boa yet.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I wanted to race boats for a living....but then I realized I could never afford one without a good job...Went to college for 6 years, got a degree, worked for a very short while and then I became a farmer....Now I'm full time farmin!

Quagmire

Quagmire

Park Ranger who got to experience many parks.. my family spent many summers taking vacations to National Parks and I fell in love with them as a child. Helping keep our countries beauty in store for generations to see.. I wound up a Service Manager in automotive for 20yrs.. lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Park Ranger who got to experience many parks.. my family spent many summers taking vacations to National Parks and I fell in love with them as a child. Helping keep our countries beauty in store for generations to see.. I wound up a Service Manager in automotive for 20yrs.. lol
My son is trying to find a 'direction' if you will. What are the general requirements for being a park ranger?

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

I always wanted to study and work with primates. We have a college up here in WA with a great program but I just never went for it.

I am a biologist by education and one of my favorite classes I took as an undergrad biology major was primate studies. I would have loved to have worked with primates as long as they are not harmed in the process.

Quagmire

Quagmire

My son is trying to find a 'direction' if you will. What are the general requirements for being a park ranger?
I did find out you had to have at least 4yrs of college. There are many backgrounds they look for from agriculture backgrounds to Botany, Land & Forestry Degree, Animal Behavior studies... the good part about these studies to is it allows him to choose from being a Vet to working for B.L.M. which would lead to anything from park ranger to working at a fish hatchery.. and you'd be surprised where some fish hatcheries are located, some beautiful locations.. we had one at a state park where I managed a resort.. Willow Beach Resort & Marina. One kid trained there for a year and was off to the Mountains of New Mexico.. actually gave him a Blue Heeler pup to take with him, sure they are doing great... I wish your son much luck, having a direction is important

Top Bottom