What water practice do you use?

• Thread starter Madbudder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbudder

Madbudder

Hey everyone.

I am currently looking at what I can do better for my plants instead of keeping my water out in the open for 24 hours.

Now is two 4”airstones in a massive tub good enough for “FF HAPPY FROG” or if I want to be as ocd as possible with my weed should I upgrade to RO?

Any help from all and how you water your organic soil without killing it is appreciated.

thanks guys!

Madbudder

Madbudder

my watering practice is whenever i see that my soil is dry i add water
Seriously dude? It’s about how to make the water the best for organic soil not about when to water.

Can you please read the posts before you start trolling you did this to the previous post with the dehydrator. Appreciate if you would stop the trolling bs

thanks man, hope you have a great day.

Anthem

Anthem

Hey everyone.

I am currently looking at what I can do better for my plants instead of keeping my water out in the open for 24 hours.

Now is two 4”airstones in a massive tub good enough for “FF HAPPY FROG” or if I want to be as ocd as possible with my weed should I upgrade to RO?

Any help from all and how you water your organic soil without killing it is appreciated.

thanks guys!
I used the charcoal hose filters for years to remove the Chlorine from the water. That is about all you need with organic soil. Just make sure to get one that is good for about 5000 gallons and change at regular times.

Madbudder

Madbudder

I used the charcoal hose filters for years to remove the Chlorine from the water. That is about all you need with organic soil. Just make sure to get one that is good for about 5000 gallons and change at regular times.
Thank you, does it still need to sit out or is it good to go after it’s been filtered?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

RO is nice if you are going to humidify, not just for the plants. You can set it up to never have to add water by hand again.

Anthem

Anthem

Thank you, does it still need to sit out or is it good to go after it’s been filtered?
People set the water outside in the UV light so the chlorine is removed from the water by the UV light. Once you install the filter you can immediately use the water. I would consider some great white or other bennies as well. If you do not already have some in the grow.

Madmax

Madmax

Rain water works well too..only has a tiny amount of minerals where i am.doesnt even measure on a truncheon..

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I run my well water through a RO unit and keep 5 gals bubbling all the time. When it's time to water the plants, I will add some tap water back into it until I reach my desired ppm level. Then I add whatever additions I might want to give them.

Madbudder

Madbudder

I run my well water through a RO unit and keep 5 gals bubbling all the time. When it's time to water the plants, I will add some tap water back into it until I reach my desired ppm level. Then I add whatever additions I might want to give them.
Appreciate the solid information I’ll be grabbing an RO unit and the air stones. Thank you.

euphoria526

euphoria526

I use tap water that comes out at around 210ppm +/- , in an open jug with air stones bubbling for at least 12-24 hours. then I dump nutes in it, ph, and then water/feed.

HarryHood

HarryHood

I got this one off amazon and it works great. It took my tap water from 330 ppm to 10.
nice! i was looking at one of those as my tap water isn't too far off from yours. glad to hear it works well.

i've been aerating my water for 24 hours with a couple of air stones, but just had this bubble snake delivered today and it's pretty sweet. here's a link to a thread i posted it in. as you'll be able to see from the thread i'm making compost teas with it, but you could easily use it for aerating you water as the bubbles are enormous

Roots Organic Terp Tea
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IB14XDU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pippins

Pippins

If your tap water is decent, getting an RO unit is a waste for organic soil growing. Airstones are always a plus, they add dissolved oxygen and keep your nutes fresh. Just an FYI, adding a small amount of vitamin C to your water will get rid of the chlorine/chloramines. I think a lb of powdered vitamin C cost me $12 and it'll probably last forever or until it goes bad. You only need like 30 mg per gallon.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

I have 5 gallon buckets that collect rain water, which is then ph'd after adding any necessary nutes. If it hasn't rained in a while I use tap water ran through a Brita filter and left out over night. The Brita takes the ph from about 7.8 to high 6's or low 7's. Not sure why but it's doing something to the ph....

Top Bottom