What water temperature is too high for dwc

• Thread starter Sativajoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativajoe

Sativajoe

Hey farmers,
I'm having a go at dwc, but and struggling with water temperatures,, I keep creeping up to about 23 degrees Celsius,, is that too warm,

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hey farmers,
I'm having a go at dwc, but and struggling with water temperatures,, I keep creeping up to about 23 degrees Celsius,, is that too warm,
It's certainly getting toward that borderline, but I think your still OK. Some of the others with better experience can probably answer this one.

Dissolved Oxygen vs Temperature Chart 360x180
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Sorry I use F, yet my temps averaged 72.5 for veg, and 73.5 for flower. During the last few weeks when my lights were max, my water temps were around 74.5.

This high temps will make fungi grow on your roots (faster than usual) inside your reservoir. If you are trying to run a sterile environment I would add a chiller, which isnt feasible for a dwc. I would say you need "Hydroguard" or a similar additive with bacteria that will help combat the root rot.

Your main problem with high temps will be brown slimy roots, or black patches in your roots. Hydroguard isnt as good at eliminating it as it is preventing it. If you have root rot already, massage the roots with your hands gently until you feel the slime gone. Then change your res, and add a double dose of hydroguard. Repeat res changes until roots are not slimy for 48hrs, then back down to regular hydroguard dose.

For the record, since your doing dwc, if you want to try something new, or look into it, Im pretty sure you can drill a hole in the top of your netpot, and inline a small pump, just mount it to the side of the pot. This has nothing to do with water temps though, more less increased growth rates and more stable ppm and ph throughout. Just something to look into if your limited on space.

Props on the hydro grow, good luck, we will be here!

Top Bottom