12 citris kush
4 BC Big Bud
600watt HPS
Soil
I have herd great things about Earth Juice, Flora Nectar, Big Bud
About to start the transition to flower. Any Advice would be great

THCdurk

THCdurk

Grab the rock box by rock nutrients I've read nothing but good things. That's what I'm using for next run.

Tnelz

Tnelz

If this is ur first time go with the go box from General organics. Very easy. Very effective. You don't even have to ph. Follow the schedule on the box. 1 x water 1 x nutrients start to finish. You will be very happy. While u are at it though pick up some dolomite lime unless u can get crushed oyster shells either or and add 1 to 2 tablespoons per gallon. I add one but plenty of people add more. That's it. No muss no fuss. Good luck!

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Tnelz what does the dolomite lime do?
So dolomite add calcium and magnesium to the soil. It's also a ph buffer. It will always keep your ph in the right place. I suggest using crushed oyster shells over dolomite because the lime has to much magnesium and can really tighten your mix. I use it but when I can I buy the oyster shells. So end of the day it give u all the cal and mag you need and keeps your ph at optimal levels.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

@Tnelz
Did I hear you say that DL and OS buffer the ph about the same?

S

sweetolmaryjane

How many different types of bloom nutes should I mix.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Not sure I understand the question. Whatever base nutrient you are using and a bloom booster if you choose to use one. But if u ask a more clear question I could try and be of more help.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Soil you say, but what soil.. this can make a huge difference as to what nutes to use and how heavy to feed and when. Best advice I can give you, start off simple man.. Try to do to much in the beginning will cause you so many headaches.. trust me on this, been there, tried that..
Example: Using Fox Farms Ocean Forest or FFOF, your soil is so hot with foods that if you start adding foods to it at full strength you WILL burn your plants roots, especially babies..
Most strains need very little food the first 10-14 days..
I use Roots Organics soil or Fox Farm Light Warrior would be excellent, Happy Frog is good too..
Get the General Hydroponics 3 part.. Grow/Micro/Bloom..
Earth Juice, get their: Catalyst & Cal n Mag..
Best bloom booster for the buck and you only use it twice maybe at weeks 5 & 6 of bloom is: PK 13/14.. Bud Candy or Sweet is another great additive to bring out aroma and great flavor in your strain.. I use Surge by Roots Organic for a veg booster early on and that's about..
Be careful using the powder additives like Lime.. it's great stuff if you know your organics but most soil and the GH nutes are neutral and hold it great, plus, most soils already have this in it.. In soil look for leafs yellowing in middle or top of plant, your pH is off.. For the most part you should be ok.. your water is what causes most issues..
To keep your water from screwing with your PH.. El Cheapo way is to fill milk jugs and let them sit for 2 days with lids off so Chlorine and other garbage can dissipate away... OR, invest in a Zero Water drinking pitcher if small scale growing and use that to get your water to N..
HOpe this helps, but keep it simple as possible.. take good notes.

S

sweetolmaryjane

ok so I used pro mix 50/50 with worm castings, plants are about 3 months old, also used veg bat guano. when watering I use super thrive and bio thirve. going to start with flora bloom and swtich to bloom bat guano. Sorry for not being specific enough on my question. I was in a hurry. Considering all that I am only wondering any recommendations for other mixes to go along with what I am currently using. Also. I have well water with no chlorine

Tnelz

Tnelz

ok so I used pro mix 50/50 with worm castings, plants are about 3 months old, also used veg bat guano. when watering I use super thrive and bio thirve. going to start with flora bloom and swtich to bloom bat guano. Sorry for not being specific enough on my question. I was in a hurry. Considering all that I am only wondering any recommendations for other mixes to go along with what I am currently using. Also. I have well water with no chlorine
That's fine.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Also I don't disagree with the above poster but general organics is a much easier and Imo a much better choice than the synthetic 3 part. The flora series is solid but not good for a micro herd and that's much more important in soil than anything.

S

sweetolmaryjane

Thanks guys. I thought flora bloom WAS general organics but its general hydroponics. I might go with something from organics, I use bio thrive which is general organics. I think I will keep it organic. One FINAL question tho. can you explain micro herd to me? if its too much to explain I will research it when im off work.

S

sweetolmaryjane

Think im just gunna go with some Bloom bat guano and flora bloon

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Think im just gunna go with some Bloom bat guano and flora bloon

Take it easy with the guano in soil till you know what your plants can take. The biobizz range is a great full organics range too. Hard to burn your plants with unlike some of the guanos. Altho I only use the bloom and grow bottles. The rest I get from AACT and my soil amendments. So I can only speak about the bloom and grow. What I have seen is plants fried with small amounts of guano tho.

Top Bottom