What would you change?

• Thread starter biggun4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

biggun4me

I am growing some OG, I am about to start my second week of flower.. Here is a pic of the girls and the nutes I am going to use... Any ideas on what I should change? These are the nutes I used for my first little grow and my results were ok but not great... These plants veged for 5 weeks.. I used GH flora grow along with Hygrozyme, Great white, and some B-52 during the veg.... Peace

1 week flower 002
1 week flower 003
Nutes and bubba 002
A

amstercal

And you grow your plants on your bed under your nightlight? ;-) Hey, Big, what are you growing in? It looks like you might have a little mild nute burn starting up and possibly even some high ph lockout. And does the left one have algae growing at the bottom of the cube?

S

saltr

Looks like a little N toxicity with dark green coloring and the leafs clawing , but that could also result from pH lockout or being root-bound. I'd also trim away some of the dying leaves towards the bottom and definitely check into the algae on the cube. Also, what's on the top of the cubes? If you're growing both plants in that rubbermaid, I'd consider moving them so that they can get a little more room and ventilation. What light are you using and how are you watering?

R

r2thizzl3

I don't know much about hydro, but i think if you put your babies in a proper bed (with lava rocks or whatever type of medium) so their roots can roam free, you would see great improvement.

B

biggun4me

I am going to grow these in obviously rockwool, I am going to put them into a 2 gallon pot and fill up the empty space with hydroton... I will be watering them by hand individually "because I want to whisper sweet nothing's to them" drain to waist... I am using 2 1000w hps in a room that stay's 78 at day and 70 at night.. I am not using co2, but I have shit loads of air flow... Here are some pics from today with the lights on.. "SORRY".. I am doing it this way because I do not want to deal with dirt...
I just read what I typed and all I can say is my first batch wasn't pretty but it's pretty stony.,... Check out the pic of the little Bubba I am now enjoying, That pic was at 8 weeks old... Peace

8 13 10 002
8 13 10 003
8 13 10 004
8 13 10 006
8 13 10 013
8 13 10 014
B

biggun4me

Oh yea, no one responded about my choice of nutes...

What I was looking for is, WILL WHAT I AM FEEDING THESE GIRL'S HELP THEM OR HINDER THEM? Peace

J

John Smith Esq.

easy bro, you got some decent kit there for sure, how often you watering those ladies?

have you looked into reservoirs or ebb and flow systems etc? is there a particular reason you went with a run to waste set up? i mean run to waste is an easy option to go with no doubt but id thought using the medium you're using you might be better off going full hydro cause those blocks would dry out quick and a hydro system would be wettin them every hour or so during lights on. i know im reiterating but im just curious is all..

no experience with this brand of nutes pal but loads of folk get good results with em, do you take any readings of nutrient strength PPM/EC whatever or you stick to bottle guidelines?

that last plant does look a little off imo, i agree with the guys above it does look over watered from the clawing and had a little too much food which is why all your leaf tips are burning..if it were me id be looking to tone down the water and nutes your giving, or give littler amounts more often, anyway put up how you feedin an we might be able to get more specific.

HTH

B

biggun4me

Answers and new pics

Thanks for the reply,I did not mean to shout..Sometimes when I burn the pure sativa I get a little excited... Let me answer your questions..

1.How often you watering those ladies?
A..I water by hand when the pots are dry...

2.Have you looked into reservoirs or ebb and flow systems etc? is there a particular reason you went with a run to waste set up?
A. I only have a 7 foot ceiling and would not have much room to walk around big trays. the room is only 5' wide.. Also I like to rotate the plants around in the light.. I might consider dirt in the future but I really do not want to deal with the mess..

3.no experience with this brand of nutes pal but loads of folk get good results with em, do you take any readings of nutrient strength PPM/EC whatever or you stick to bottle guidelines?
A.I use the nute company's feeding chart,I also check with a PPM/EC meter. I run my PH at 5.8

I have since transferred all the plants into 2 gallon pots.. I have posted here a couple of new pics of my girls at 2 weeks old.. I am running them under 2 1000's with no co2 but I have lots of air flow.. I also put in a pic of a Bubba I just chopped... Peace

8 14 10 002
8 14 10 003
8 13 10 014
8 14 10 009
B

biggun4me

Today I just started my 3rd week... Things are looking good...Peace

R

r2thizzl3

Looking good. Don't forget you can rotate your babies for max buds. here's AV Nute buy chart it says hydro, but i don't think that means anything. My bad i thought you were growing hydro. Also try watering with food every other water i.e W/F/W/F/W/F. You might see less yellowing this early in the girls life.

C

cheech

next time just put the cubes a container of promix or coco. it's a small mess when you fill up the containers then you clean it up and don't need to worry about another mess till harvest. you can reuse the coco or promix.

have you ever seen any descent grows that involved hand watering hydroton? there is a reason for that. the hydroton in your setup is only acting as an anchor for your cube.

B

biggun4me

have you ever seen any descent grows that involved hand watering hydroton? there is a reason for that. the hydroton in your setup is only acting as an anchor for your cube.

Dammit, cheech!! See i just joined this site and already learned something, that makes complete sense to me... Fuck!! I am a little slow but I do eventually catch on...
So let me ask, Do you think it's to late to transfer then into a different medium? The plants are 3 weeks old today..

C

cheech

if they are 3 weeks in veg then no i think you are fine. some roots might have tried to make their way out of the cube to the wet hydroton. if that is the case they will have died once the hydroton dried out. if it looks that way just use scissors to cut the dead roots away from the cube. if you don't and just put the cube with the dead roots attached into the new medium they might cause root rot once they are saturated again.

the cubes are small, so plant them in a proper sized container and let them fill out some before you flip. if only vegging a week longer a 2.5 or 3 tops gallon container at most. if vegging for a 3 more weeks you could do a 5 gallon.

i made the mistake of planting from 1 gallon right to 5 then flipping and i ended up with plants that had such a small root structure(they don't grow much in flower) that they couldn't uptake food quickly enough. i would saturate the medium and 7 days later it would still be wet. you want to be able to water the plant every 3-4 days imho. nutrients/nutrients/water. or nutrients of higher concentration one day then water alternating through flower.

good luck

E

edux10

next time just put the cubes a container of promix or coco. it's a small mess when you fill up the containers then you clean it up and don't need to worry about another mess till harvest. you can reuse the coco or promix.

yeah, dont hand water grodan and clay, get something in the bucket that will retain water. I guess you would be ok if the whole bucket was all grodan it could work. but there is no way you can be on it like you are a timer. It would get old. get soil, that is the style you are doin it.

B

biggun4me

I understand that I can transfer the plants I have in veg, but what about the ones that just finished their 3rd week of flower? Would it still be OK?

C

cheech

no i wouldn't bother. just keep them in the hydrotan with the understanding that it is the cubes you need to pay attention to in terms of moisture and when it needs to be watered.

if you have $450 it would be great to buy a 1/10 or 1/4 hp chiller and run some sort of hydro setup. you already have the hydroton/backets/nutrients. just need the chiller/tray/ebb n flow fittings. your increase in yield will pay for your new equipment.

C

cheech

actually.. if it looks like you won't be able to keep up with the watering, because those cubes may dry out super fast, you might want to put them in some coco, just so they can wick moisture from the coco. don't expect too much root growth if any.

J

Jalisco Kid

Looking good. Don't forget you can rotate your babies for max buds. here's AV Nute buy chart it says hydro, but i don't think that means anything. My bad i thought you were growing hydro. Also try watering with food every other water i.e W/F/W/F/W/F. You might see less yellowing this early in the girls life.

Also try watering with food every other water i.e W/F/W/F/W/F. You might see less yellowing this early in the girls life.[/QUOTE]
Why would you say this? JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I would water the cube till you feel it somewhat dry on the top. I would hand water those hydroton balls 3 times a day. I would also get some of that pithy coir canna uses and put that on top when you go to flush(every 4 days) and water it into the hydroton.
The size of those plants I doubt the roots have went on an exploratory cruise. Take your least healthy plant and transplant it.Go to the next size up. Fill with a 60/40 chow mix. Water in a tonic. If that was easy try another one. etc. JK

T

Trim Reaper

Lots to change IMO

OK, where to start. The #1 problem you have is the growing medium is completely wrong for the type of garden you are doing. Swith to Sunshine #4, and add a little more perlite and worm castings. This is the best mix for run to waste, low profile gardening. The medium you are using is designed to be watered 4-8 times per day, depending on stage and conditions. you will blow through $1000 worth of nutes on one run. Sunshine also has a much higher CEC ratio, so lockout and wild PH swings are much less likely.
Cut your nutes! You are burning those girls up. With nutes and additives you are using keep your ec 1.8-2. Ph is the big problem with your setup cause the rockwool needs a ph of 5.2-5.5 and the rocks need a ph of 5.8-6.2. I would run it at 5.5 and hope for the best.
The couple things I would add nute wise is Bud Ignitor for 1st 2 weeks of flowering (6-8 ml/gal) and Overdrive for weeks 4-6 (8-10 ml/gal). Well worth the $ imo.
Good luck Brother, it looks like you are well on your way :)
:cool0041:

Latest posts

Top Bottom