What would you do?

• Thread starter KittyWarne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KittyWarne

KittyWarne

I've got a 2x2x5 tent and a 300W LED Mars hydro I bought awhile ago. Now that my state allows medical patients to grow plants I finally started my plants.

I'm not sure that all 6 will make it but I do know that if 4 do, that light won't cut it alone.

I'd like to add another light and I'm wondering, if you had my set up, would you go with a 300W LED or a 600?

I'm a total newb so if this is a dumb question, my apologies. I can't find anything out there about adding a different powered light and if it will make a difference. Thank you!

Nugg

Nugg

2×2 is small area ..you'll only get one plant in there for flower anyway..a higher power light will get u bigger bud ,but that light will probably cover the area...I say one small "plant" or couple of stem plants

mckoomer

mckoomer

I have a 2x2x5 area 1 plant only
20200311 185149

mckoomer

mckoomer

I'm using 1 1000w giixer led about $75 on amazon works well so far

Anthem

Anthem

"mckoomer, post: 2381318, member: 113063"]
[/QUOTE]
That light pulls 110 watts at the wall outlet. I feel for you because you probably purchased the light on A because it looks like a great light with a 4.5 star rating. I do not want to be the bearer of bad news but you are just not going to see the plant fully express itself with that low of a watt rating. It really sucks because the adds for Chinese LED's are so misleading. The worst part about the Chinese LED game is that they keep making new company names and fake reviews.

They list the light as being equal to a 1000 watt fixture, that is the typically call out for a 1000 watt DE bulb, which can pretty easily achieve 2 pounds per light with reasonable conditions and genetics.

mckoomer

mckoomer

"mckoomer, post: 2381318, member: 113063"]
That light pulls 110 watts at the wall outlet. I feel for you because you probably purchased the light on A because it looks like a great light with a 4.5 star rating. I do not want to be the bearer of bad news but you are just not going to see the plant fully express itself with that low of a watt rating. It really sucks because the adds for Chinese LED's are so misleading. The worst part about the Chinese LED game is that they keep making new company names and fake reviews.

They list the light as being equal to a 1000 watt fixture, that is the typically call out for a 1000 watt DE bulb, which can pretty easily achieve 2 pounds per light with reasonable conditions and genetics.
[/QUOTE]
Your absolutely right

Anthem

Anthem

Goals for sure. I overwatered, had the lights too close, didnt realize the importance of PH and it's too cold (dips down to 63). My girls are short and not growing much. I'm on day 17 and they are so small.
which Mars Hydro do you have? Is it possible you miss took the light burn for over watering. Let the girls dry out and they should be fine. Light wise you have to do your homework. The height of your tent is the challenge. Even the Mars TS series require some room. Lets look at this as a basic formula. Pot 12" tall, Light needs to be 18 inches from the plant and the light needs 6" of head room. Already 36" of the tent have been consumed with lights and pot. Leaving just for 24" of plant. Maybe you can push it to 30" but that is about it.

KittyWarne

KittyWarne

which Mars Hydro do you have? Is it possible you miss took the light burn for over watering. Let the girls dry out and they should be fine. Light wise you have to do your homework. The height of your tent is the challenge. Even the Mars TS series require some room. Lets look at this as a basic formula. Pot 12" tall, Light needs to be 18 inches from the plant and the light needs 6" of head room. Already 36" of the tent have been consumed with lights and pot. Leaving just for 24" of plant. Maybe you can push it to 30" but that is about it.
I've got the 300W LED from them. I followed what they said height wise, then noticed they were getting leggy so I moved it up and then I noticed what looked like burn so I moved it back down. I for sure was overwatering. I've got 3 different strains; mag landerence, gelato 45 and GG#4. They are all growing so different. I assume that's normal? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom