What Would You Do

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpletrain

Purpletrain

How long are you "cooking" this? The cook IMO is only really needed when you are liming peat. A week is long enough with your mix imo. You could start growing next week and be fine.
it can take up to a month i like to slurry test my compost same thing should apply with soils etc prior to using checking on what the ph is doing i know its ready when i get readings like this
IMG4410
IMG4409

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Definitely keep it moist, otherwise your decomposers are going to go into stasis, which means they aren't working. They absolutely need water.
yeah true enough. On a related topic with watering my mix. I do have 2 55 gallon rain barrells that I use to collect rain and would prefer to just water with that so I dont; have to worry about harming any bennies. My question is my city water uses chloramine like most and I purchased a conditioner called Seachem Prime which neutralizes the chloramine aswel as the remaining amonia when the bond is broken. Would this be safe to use for watering my soil mix since the chloramines have been removed, i know rain water would be prefered but when i dont have access can I use this in placeÉ
Yes, and next time save yourself some money. Go to the chemistry store dot com, buy the 2lb bucket of dry sodium thiosulfate. Mix that to a 3% solution, use just like other dechlors (1tsp/gal).

IIRC, the bond between the Cl and NH3 is broken, and the Cl is neutralized but the NH3 is left behind. Which is food for your plants.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

You can also use vitamin c to neutralize chlorine if you so wish its a win win cause plants
The study, which is now published online in The Plant Journal, describes the newly-identified enzyme, GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase, which produces vitamin C, or ascorbate, in plants. Vitamin C is already known to be an antioxidant, which helps plants deal with stresses from drought to ozone and UV radiation, but until now it was not known that plants could not grow without it.

Professor Nicholas Smirnoff of the University of Exeter, lead author on the paper said: ‘Vitamin C is the most abundant antioxidant in plants and yet its functions are poorly understood. By discovering that the new enzyme is encoded by two genes, we were able to engineer plants that were unable to grow beyond the seedling stage without vitamin C supplementation."

PS with the increased terrorism in the world one wold think ordering couple pounds of this chemical or that chemical even tho used for something else could land FBI on your front door thinking your making a bomb
Just saying with people getting flagged i know this sounds stupid But what if ???
what if your growing in a ilegal state and your door gets kicked in happens all the time wrong house or they just so happen to come across a grow op ..

Its not like it used to be they need a warrant to enter your house when it comes to home land security you have absolutly no right you can thank Bush for that

But wondering if were not jumping the gun by adding what seamaiden says when the plant probably does it naturally before it absorbs both said above
Again were tryin to cut corners when really there are no corners to cut
Ci is a essential plant element its needed

I am not about to become a chemical scientist just to grow marijuana its a fuckin weed and such will grow just like a weed :)
Its only in MJ forums we get this stuff going one would think farmers would be much more in depth and you know what were not and we harvest tons of stuff that are in the world stock market :)

Last edited:
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Yeah the prime is pretty cheap like 8 dollars I think and I think its 5 ml treats 50 gallons. so id sooner that than as stated order a brick of chemicals looks funny. One thing I noticed with my mix is it's very heavy. I used 1/2 part sunshine and 1/2 ewc and 1 part perlite and i'm noticing that the mix when watered in a pot isn't consistency of mud but when it dries it's solid. ive since remied by cutting it with 50/50 soil mix and sunshine to help fluff it up I almost find no matter how much perlite I add it just makes it more of a gritty mix rather than aerating it anyone have this problem? I figure I added to much ewc.

Top Bottom