What Would You Pay??

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Working on a small side business.
A river buddy.
I will arrange a float trip 4 miles with overnights at Kamp Howdy.
I will provide all meals, farm to table. set up a nice camp, do all the chores.
Will be beyond gourmet. Flame seared grass fed 3 inch thick bone in ribeye steaks with baked potatoe, baked beans, salad, deserts chocolate ganauche fudge cake with goats milk.
Or.
Roasted whole stuffed chicken with all the fixing.
farm fresh eggs for breakfast, goat sausage, bacon, or sausage gravy and bisquets .
Out fitter charges 300$ bucks to get boat to river, thinking 150 per person 2 days 1 night, total cost for 2 $600? 300 each for 2 days of funtimes, would also provide other goodies as well if needed.....
Would be 10 guest meals, along with float and chores not too bad I reckon...
Where do i sign up? Id lime to book a trip asap

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Heres the deal..
All day stop and fish lunch provided one person 200, two people 300. Paid directly to outfitter....
Basically paying cost for outfitter to get drift boat up river...I supply lunch and knowledge of spots to stop and fish

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Heres the deal..
All day stop and fish lunch provided one person 200, two people 300. Paid directly to outfitter....
Basically paying cost for outfitter to get drift boat up river...I supply lunch and knowledge of spots to stop and fish
Does that include the SECRET spots?

The Terps

The Terps

To be legit you need an insurance bond and the be registered with dfg. You take all the clients license info and send in monthly the bond cost about 1k a year. You have to apply with dfg to get a license also.

Price seems low to extremely fair (750 maybe more suited I mean it's more than just floating and cooking. It's instructing, equipment rental ((you'll need extra gear on hand cause clients don't always have everything let alone remember to pack it)), wear on your equipment especially fly line getting stepped on and what have you. It's booking and shuttling ya I think you would deserve more than 750 for that. I know you don't drink but round here guides supply beer also and that isn't cheap these days with the good craft stuff, occasional cigars in your case maybe blunts lol but ya that's a good deal.

Also you should offer the day trip cause a lot of ppl don't want to get extra rugged or could want to just use your services to cut the learning curve on the cheap.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

To be legit you need an insurance bond and the be registered with dfg. You take all the clients license info and send in monthly the bond cost about 1k a year. You have to apply with dfg to get a license also.

Price seems low to extremely fair (750 maybe more suited I mean it's more than just floating and cooking. It's instructing, equipment rental ((you'll need extra gear on hand cause clients don't always have everything let alone remember to pack it)), wear on your equipment especially fly line getting stepped on and what have you. It's booking and shuttling ya I think you would deserve more than 750 for that. I know you don't drink but round here guides supply beer also and that isn't cheap these days with the good craft stuff, occasional cigars in your case maybe blunts lol but ya that's a good deal.

Also you should offer the day trip cause a lot of ppl don't want to get extra rugged or could want to just use your services to cut the learning curve on the cheap.
Liability is a pretty big hurdle. I think a guiding service would be north of seven figures of coverage, avoiding that would basically mean being the middle man, make a bit on the side but not a windfall, and if the jet boat gets paid then their liability lays there if there is an accident. Our guides in Wyoming supply everything, gear, food, drink, boat, shuttle service, all of it. The benefit of an outfitter is traffic, the bane of the small time guide is the same along with how to advertise to the people you want in your boat.

Chickenman, burning a doob, steering the boat, fly rod in hand. 'I can't net your god damn fish, I have one of my own on the line. Shit, I dropped the joint!' You've mastered the art of the one-oar-row-roll-cast?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You will never be the same...
Feathers will appear on your back and feet bottoms, you will start to crow at sunrise, pecking and scratching at the ground....
So afterwards they will become a giant...
Thought about it and couldnt finish...

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You will never be the same...
Feathers will appear on your back and feet bottoms, you will start to crow at sunrise, pecking and scratching at the ground....
Hey...chickens dont have feathers on their feet...

G gnome

G gnome

Hey...chickens dont have feathers on their feet...
I beg to differ sir
Standard White Cochin Resized

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

''Chickenman, burning a doob, steering the boat, fly rod in hand. 'I can't net your god damn fish, I have one of my own on the line. Shit, I dropped the joint!' You've mastered the art of the one-oar-row-roll-cast?''

See now this is the trip i want to be on,will squirt dry fly dressing down his ass crack when he bends over to pick up the joint.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

''Chickenman, burning a doob, steering the boat, fly rod in hand. 'I can't net your god damn fish, I have one of my own on the line. Shit, I dropped the joint!' You've mastered the art of the one-oar-row-roll-cast?''

See now this is the trip i want to be on,will squirt dry fly dressing down his ass crack when he bends over to pick up the joint.
Perfect!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Typical lunch at The legendary Kamp Howdy..
flame seared French cut rack of lamb chop, Mac and Cheese, mixed greens with Cesar salad dressing..
That chop and I am dead serious was as good as any chop house chop worldwide.
Was cooked over river juniper and sage wood.
The fat was seared and oh man this was one of the very best meat dishs I have ever had
DSC 0273
DSC 0276

Latest posts

Top Bottom