What you dont know about Facebook

• Thread starter TortureKill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TortureKill

TortureKill

Most of this information was used from internet sources, videos, and wikipedia.

Since its founding in 2004, Facebook, the social networking behemoth, has grown to more than 400 million active users worldwide. If Facebook were a country, its population would exceed that of the United States and approach that of the European Union.

It’s stating the obvious to say that computers and the Internet have changed the way we live. Those younger than 21 don’t know a world without online technology. EVERYONE IS USING FACEBOOK.

Has anyone ever actually read the terms and agreements, when signing up for facebook? You may have read the confusing text without even realizing how FB is violating privacy rights. Let me break it all down to you.

From the day you sign up for facebook they are logging your information, which they state is stored for "a long period of time" (indefinitely), "even after your account is deleted. Your privacy is at risk.
From the first day, your asked to submit a series of info,
Favorite Music
Books
Address
Hometown
Phone Number
Email
Clubs
Jobs (employment history)
Education History
Birth date
Sexual Orientation
Interests
Daily Schedule
Relation to friends
Pictures
Political affiliations

Their privacy policy even goes as far to state it "also collects information about you from OTHER SOURCES, such as newspapers and instant messaging services. This information is gathered regardless of your use of the web site."

Now why would they "COLLECT" information of you?

Terms of Service, also states: "By posting member content to any part of the website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Facebook and irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such as information or content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing."
there is a new privacy setting called "Instant Personalization" that shares data with non-facebook websites and it is automatically set to "Allow.

The FB "pulse feature" provides statistical trends among universities, down to minute details, such as % of females with conservative views, student bodies top 10 movies, to how many students have read Catchers in the Rye. The privacy policy goes on to say, that they may share your information with third parties, including with responsible companies, with which they have a relationship. What marketing group would pass up on buying such valid, yet easily collected statistics?

Funding for facebook has been tracked all of the way up to the CIA, and the (IAO), The Information Awareness Office.

The IAO stated it's vision was to gather as much information as possible about everyone, in a centralized location for easy perusal by the United States Government, including, but not limited to, Internet activity, credit card purchase history, airline tickey purchase history, car rentals, medical records, educational transcripts, driver's licenses, utility bills, tax returns, and any other available data.

We could go very indepth with this but it's very clear where this is going, and with 1000's of users, and civilians joining facebook everyday, things are going very smoothly for them.
Our founding father's fought for these rights that are being violated everyday. As it has always seemed, the more technologically advanced we become, the more problems arise. We all know technology is beyond what we are aware.

In this business, most of use like to stay as low key, and off the radar as we can. With facebook, it isn't possible. Keep your privacy, and make people aware.

A

AliasAO

all true. never took the time to read the policies but I deleted all my accounts years ago. Nothing more then a way for the higher ups to profile u and of course find you WHEREVER you may be if they choose they want to find you.

Half of the worlds pop is on this shit and are willing passing out their info like candy on halloween night.

POWER TO THE SHEEPLE, GO BACK TO SLEEP!!!!

R

RMCG

Why I never had or ever will have a facebook account...

It is illegal for the government to spy on its citizens, it is NOT illegal for the government to PAY a private company for the information it harvests...

the rrock

the rrock

I have a facebook account to keep in contact with family and certain friends,you dont have to submit any info you dont want to>paranoia will destroy ya

S

SSHZ

Don't use you're real name and set up a dummy email with yahoo or google and you'll be fine........

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I have a facebook account to keep in contact with family and certain friends,you dont have to submit any info you dont want to>paranoia will destroy ya

hahahah kind of like how facebook reads all your cookies and keeps tabs on what websites you visit.

Think facebook is bad read into google. (lol I say that as I use chrome to browse this site)

I never understood why people would put so much info out there and expect it to go away. The internet time machine is a perfect example. Proxies and VPN's are your best friend on these ole internets.

kushluvr

kushluvr

Do you all have Internet in ur house under your name...................if you post pics here they can easily come knocking in 5 mins..........

......there's nowhere to hide! We all could be fucked!

Don't have Internet at ur grow site......FYI! Legal or not! If you really want to be safe!

R

RMCG

I gave up on chrome long ago. Google's 'Do no Harm' only goes so far as the biggest investment check.

Have a facebook account and surf? They read cookies. Notice all of the 'Connect by Facebook' logins on websites now? What news sites do you read, what articles do you comment on? etc.

Have a facebook account and take those stupid quizzes? They know how you think, vote, which books you read, etc.

I have internet at my grow location. I do not surf from that location, its a one way VPN back to my house. Nothing 'nefarious' going over that link other than encrypted security cam video streams. No other traffic. Anything outbound from my house is via VPN through another country.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
While it's certainly a good idea to be cognizant of the current status of citizenship, I know that our government has been keeping dossiers on folks for quite a long time. To me it's silly to think that facebook presents such a huge threat to security or anonymity because I already know I don't have it, lost it LONG before the Advent of the Internets.

Vote? They already know something about you.
Buy a home? There ya go.
Have a baby? Again.
Ever go to school?
File taxes? Pay with anything other than cash? Ever been arrested?
Drivers license, bank account(s), credit cards, social security card, anything? Believe you me, they (feds, state & local are typically yahoos) already know.

Facebook can't get information about you that YOU haven't put into it--simple as that. While I was marketed upon heavily after buying homes and having children, I have not been so marketed simply by joining fb.

W

wantaknow

yes you are 100% correct ,alex jones covers this and much much more daily on his web site ,i have a friend in the collections busness who can skip trace eany one who uses a credit or debit card ,or has power turned on in there name ,you get a pizza at poppas and pay with your card your caught

R

RMCG

Can't get 'known associates' from CC statements like you can from FB though.

TortureKill

TortureKill

FB is tracking your internet activity even when your not using their site.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Actually FB had decent privacy when they started out. They kept changing the TOS till by '09. it went pretty much down hill. Besides who needs FB when you got THCF and others here you can be pretty much anonymous.

The electronic freedom foundation has a nice write up:
Facebook's Eroding Privacy Policy: A Timeline

And this might be even cooler: TOS-Tracker - The Terms of Service Tracker

Now if I could just find a computer that didn't work with FB; I'd be upgrading my wife tomorrow. :worried

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

It doesn't matter what you do...the government can find you anywhere you go. If you use a cellphone, a car, got utility bills, etc. Check your name out on www.spokeo. com ... they got a lot of info on there about you, some not so accurate..I got mine deleted off of there.

I like Facebook, it's a great way to keep in touch with people and I ain't got nothing to hide.

G

gudkarma

Facebook was founded with venture capitol from a CIA backed firm.

Top Bottom