Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 75/25

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Exactly! Keep em in their place. Money in money out plus a piece for your trouble. They can tell their grand kids they were drug dealers when they were young and you get a room built out on credit. It's still not advised but a better option than "partners"
Yeah but the only reason that works is coz theyr not partners . that's more or less a loan you speak of.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

To all those fellow farmers posting... thank you! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and Im taking every post seriously.

sounds like everyone has had about the same luck with "partners" that i have. I have seen these things work out but only with an agreed to structure of paying back the money with interest. for example 50% of the harvest till the inital seed money is paid back then 25 % for two additional harvests as the interest. but if you are close to having the $'s anyway then do it yourself or it will drag you to HELL.

Im very curious if other farmers believe, from the farming pov, that this is a fair deal for all parties involved?

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

In thinking back about this theoretical proposal and wondered if the following adds to the discussion:

a) if that person has had financial dealings with this person in amounts larger which went fine
b) this doesnt impede future progress. Taking care of two sites with one at half for awhile with a deal in place that site 2 will eventually become 100% owned by 1.

I understand this is a very negative expected value proposition and am gathering as much info as possible before proceeding.

H

happy b

Nothing adds to the discussion for me . nothing REALISTIC anyway . But I'm happy with what little I have,not everyone is . If you already have your own site I would just put my attention to that and help the guy set it up for himself . If he is as decent a guy as you think ,he will square you up come harvest for your help anyway,and if he doesn't then he's not the kind of person you would want to have a partnership with . dealing with $$$ is different . that's a set thing . growing weed isn't . and the more the guy offered me to do it the more that would make me not trust him.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I had someone recently ask me to partner in a med grow. I decided that it was best if I just build out the grow for them. Give them a one time run through of soil building , nutrient use and watering , pest prevention and provide a few solid clones and a detailed grow log to follow on the strain. All for free....ish. All I asked for was a zip a light IF they pull a successful harvest the first time. Which will be nothing to them if they even remotely succeed.
Partners equal trouble. I was at a buddies house in 89' rolling a joint when swat task force blew the doors off the trailer and raided my buddy. I was not the raid target, so I just got tackled and cuffed and pushed around. But my buddies "partner" snitched and they found 4lbs and gave my bud 8 years state time. He was just one of the 4 people ratted on that day. All because the loser who watched the plot didn't feel that his cut was fair , way after the fact.

Fla Toker

Fla Toker

Some people are greedy , some are helpless , some being petty, others let people walk all over then .
The point is people are different and you might not find out who they really are until it's too late. Just as @ShroomKing said above The One partner snitched because he felt he was wronged. I don't want to goto prison but the next person might throw you under the bus to avoid it . Where as I doubt ( hope you wouldnt ) you would snitch on yourself . My freedom is and should be yours the #1 priority over everything so bringing another into the group just seems to be a bad idea.

colostoney

colostoney

my best friend since third grade went to the cops snitching and actually cried to them cuz I was done growing to support has gambling problem with him and he owed me a ton a cash
and I was getting super sick with my diabetes and just could not handle his shit anymore bro I even worked hard gave him a totally grow room of moms teens cuts n babies full bloom room set hm up tried to leave it all with grace man this was my bro for 30 years I just could handle the drama for the money anymore and it turned out to be like growing with a bitchy girlfriend that never even gave ya none ya know......

hurt my feelings more than anything ..................lil bitch

Fla Toker

Fla Toker

my best friend since third grade went to the cops snitching and actually cried to them cuz I was done growing to support has gambling problem with him and he owed me a ton a cash
and I was getting super sick with my diabetes and just could not handle his shit anymore bro I even worked hard gave him a totally grow room of moms teens cuts n babies full bloom room set hm up tried to leave it all with grace man this was my bro for 30 years I just could handle the drama for the money anymore and it turned out to be like growing with a bitchy girlfriend that never even gave ya none ya know......

hurt my feelings more than anything ..................lil bitch
Yea life's a bitch sometimes had a good friend of mine fuck our friendship up he stole 700$ dollars from me ... sad story man

colostoney

colostoney

even with seed be careful with any sorta partnership not saying not too I just wouldn't do any sorta consignment with anyone these days things are changing too fast
if I had a dime for every seed I got fucked for..............

around here peeps always say a good way to loose a friend is front them an oz

MGRox

MGRox

I have some stories related to this (both good and bad) though I would be recommending the same as everyone else here.
I ramble too much to try and cover them, but maybe if you look at this from another perspective it would be easier to decide;

If you were instead asking about a nutrient line to use and you got this kind of response that everyone has given; would you still try that nutrient line? .......even if you thought it would work really well?

guess that's mah 2c

Pimp T

Pimp T

Brother Id Sit With Him And Explain The Pros And Cons If Hes Giving The Money For Equip Bills And Your Growing Not Paying For Anything Then Its Sounds To Me Like A 50/50 Maybe 60/40 You At 60 Because Growing Big Is Hard Work. You Guys Come To A Fair Agreement And Contract Up. There Would Be No Reason To Be Upset Or Fallout If You Had A Solid Agreement From Day One. Anybody Mad After Signin A Detailed Contract Fully Aware Of Pros And Cons Of Their Position In The Agreement Is Just Being A Fuckin Pussy. If You Already 100% Aware At Day One That Your Doin All The Sweat Work While Hes At Home Chillin Then You Or Him Have No Reason To Be Upset At Day 65...

labud

labud

Simple...limited partnership , double his money and he's out...win/win in this economy if you can double your money in a year. ..that's a great short term investment. ...refer him to me

Myco

Myco

I'm going to be yet another that says to avoid a partnership...

I've also been another grower that has embarked on a partnership with a family member, and it ended in bitterness. Long story.

Recently I decided to break my rule. I wanted to expand, and an older, solid, established friend of the family approached me with a deal. He had the property, a couple large containers. He would fund the build out of both containers, while I design and help build. Once finished, I would be able to use one container to myself, elec/bills paid, I prove supplies, keep 100%. The catch, that I teach him the ways of growing cannabis. He's a very smart, solid guy, with agricultural experience as well as every other damn trade it seems. So I weighed my options, and with some of my time opening up I figured what the fuck... Well things started to get rocky from the beginning with an estranged family member of his that had a stake in the property, so I immediately backed out in the early stages once I came to my senses.

It's a VERY small percentage rate of partnerships that work out in these endeavors... You have to have two, honest/trustworthy solid guys, matching personalities, goal-driven without greed, matching goals with mutual, realistic expectations, no strings attached to other people/things that could bring potential problems, etc etc. That's hard to come by in today's world.

And my point is... even if you find somebody with those qualities, having one other human being involved instantly doubles every risk possible... The only person you can trust 100% with money, and most of all, freedom, is yourself.

And this goes for whether it's an investor, or an actual straight up 50/50 labor/profits agreement. The latter being a bigger risk.

With all that being said. If one were to embark on such partnership with strictly an investor, 50/50 is proper but... Usually the way this works, like my dude mayo mentioned, is it works more like a loan with royalties... and that would be the most likely to pan out.

If you can do the same thing yourself in 4 months... back down from the plan with your dude. 4 months is nothing... just be a bit more patient, work hard, and big things will come your way.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Tensions amongst friendships cause hermies just saying man Noone wants to smoke seedy bud, unless the seeds are intentional! Good luck and best of wishes on the partnership, it will test your relationship with every thing that can and will go wrong, if you got ninja in you you'll need that too.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

I've seen brothers fall out over the same shit. Takes were trash and they hated each other. one guy too much one guy doing too little. all the same shit. fucking stupid. but yeah. i'm actually going to partner with someone too tho. he's gonna be putting half of the money and i am gonna be putting up half. and on top of that i'm doing the housekeeping while he's gonna be doing the storefront. I rely on him. but i do most of the work. i do the cloning. the transplanting. the watering. the trimming. the clean up. keeping the perpetual going. and all he's doing is getting rid of it. i have my own strong points which is the greenthumb side of things, him he excels at getting rid of it. but since he's gonna be putting in half of the money, he's gonna get 50% untill he gets all his money he put in, and or most of it. (cuz i dont want him to wait long and cuz i'm such an awesome bro) and then it drops to 25% and he also gets a kick down on the pricing. if he gets rid of it, i give him an elbow for say, 2400 instead of 2600. it gives him incentive to move it. and i get a large portion still. I'm still happy. and he's happy. he can pay his bills. and i am making money. Would i wanna expand with him? NO! this is just so i can start swimming on my own. if i find another spot. i'll be moving in with my own equipment this and that. and if he still wants to move it for me, i'd still give him a kick from 2600 to 2400 just so he can still eat. he was determined to go in with me tho. and under certain circumstances i needed him too. But i mean i still hate the idea of having a leach. and he doesnt wanna get bought out. so there's that. it's always gonna be eating at u. but if u both are happy. it's all good. he's my good buddy and he doesnt fuck anyone over. so i'm cool with it. and i make enough. so u know. just structure it all. put it on paper. and make sure u can agree. if not. then yeah...if u still are thinking about it. do it yourself. if u want to go in and are deadset on doing a deal, 50/50% untill he gets his money. and then just buy him out or something or his share drops to 75/25. and even then, he has to put in some work. like my buddy is moving that shit for me. all of it. that was the only reason i'd give him a share. if not, then i'd go less. pretty think of it like this. what can he do for u? besides make it happen sooner? if nothing, then u dont need him. if he can help u out in a way like move it. then yeah i'd consider giving him a kick. what was taht saying? u can use the wood to make a fire to make u comfortable now, or u can build and freeze now and then but end up with a house in the long run.

Stalks

Stalks

The best split in this type of partnership involves all parties leaving with 10 finger and 10 toes! Just saying people have been killed for less

Top Bottom