whats a good feeding regiment for clones/young plants

• Thread starter calibrian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calibrian

I got some green crack and woody og chillin in some dixie cups. the're rooted all through the cup. however, I do not want to grow them yet full yet. I wanna keep them in small plant status till I harvest in about 3 to 4 weeks. they are still young, just under 2 weeks old from cut to root. I'm using the fox farm nutes. does anyone know a good regiment to feed these plants(with foxfarm) to keep them healthy but not exploding in growth. so far, I've only gave them water. but I want to keep them strong for 2 sets of topping.

:character0029:

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

In my very humble opinion, I hate to slow the growth of young plants. SubCool (TGA Seeds) also believes that in order to yield to the fullest, you should never let the plant become root-bound. In the same situation, I'd transplant into larger pots and top them/ prune them so they stay at a manageable height. By the time you're ready to rock 'em, they'll have the root systems in place to absolutely explode. Hope this helps. Peace

T

treehugger

If you are attempting to slow them down, then don't fert at all - let them go yellowish if need be, they can come back rapidly when they finally get fed.

C

calibrian

If you are attempting to slow them down, then don't fert at all - let them go yellowish if need be, they can come back rapidly when they finally get fed.

I want to keep them strong for 1 more set of topping. I was thinking about giving them a foliar feeding soon but thats it. they only have to chill for another week or 2. I'll just transplant them into a bit bigger pot for now. they are still in dixie cups.

IMG 20110327 111243
C

caperfarmer902

if you dont mind me askin, why do you want to slow to growth down for about 1 to 2 weeks?, and what king of soil / additives are you useing in the soil for ex. perlite, pete moss yano any of that good stuff?

Cort

Cort

Forgive a novice question, but wont keeping them a tad on the cool side, paired with 18/6 light cycle slow them down some?

convex

convex

You plan on topping multiple times anyways, might as well let em grow.

Cheers

dextr0

dextr0

In keeping them in those containers they will continue growing up. If you want to keep them healthy but not explosively growing up, fix how they grow. If you give them more room on the sides they will grow to sides instead of up. If you use topping, supercropping, training so much the better. What people are saying here is the more time u give to veg the bigger buds, so no real reason to not let her grow. Just adjust how she is growing and youll be gold.

To answer your question though if you feed less and less often she will grow slower. Cold will make them grow slower.

I still think u should just train bro. Training itself will slow down growth. So u can look at it that way also.

G

Gartner

I got some green crack and woody og chillin in some dixie cups. the're rooted all through the cup. however, I do not want to grow them yet full yet. I wanna keep them in small plant status till I harvest in about 3 to 4 weeks. they are still young, just under 2 weeks old from cut to root. I'm using the fox farm nutes. does anyone know a good regiment to feed these plants(with foxfarm) to keep them healthy but not exploding in growth. so far, I've only gave them water. but I want to keep them strong for 2 sets of topping.

:character0029:

You dont do experiment with your buts, what variey of seed you have been planted, to get a good harvest transplant it to a proper one, so that the plants can breath for a better growth,,

try with some organic fertilizer which is available in your home, some decomposed waste, but male sure about the gems and insects, you have to put some dilute pesticides..
Try the best for a better reep, what we sow is what wee reep...:harvest:

Top Bottom