whats best...female or regular seeds????

• Thread starter dandydons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dandydons

hi peeps,been growing with female seeds for a while(400w sodi/grow tent)not been getting good results,buds half formed at 6 weeks, another grower said to forget female seeds because that was the problem,stick to regular he said so im a bit confused,anyone enlighten me

T

Trim Reaper

All depends on where they come from. Feminized seeds are notorious for going hermie on you, but a few seed co's got it right. Be careful of the source.
I prefer reg's, as your females are always females, plus you can create your very own strains with the best males.
:joint:

S

SSHZ

On this site, you'll see alot of "feminized" bashers so I expect responses to be leaning heavily towards reg seeds. But I've had great success with Paradise and Dinafem fem seeds, sucky results from G.H. and Dutch Passion. For those of us with space issues, bought from a reliable source, they are a viable way to go.

A

antimatter

regular ive made female seeds before and the process to stress test for true females would have to be very extensive and I highly doubt breeders do much of that when making female seeds, I had a 75%+ hermie rate in the ones I made pretty shocking when I tested those out because Its not like I saw hermie traits in the original stock and I harvested seeds from many different females and didn't use the original chemically reversed plants seeds, so there was a good selection of genetics and it still happened.

S

SSHZ

I disagree with Anti- It's about the method used to reverse and parent selection. Hermie traits can come out 3-4-5 generations down the road. Ask Swerve.......

G

Green Supreme

Look at what Monsanto is doing with other seed and tell me that is what you want.Terminator gene baby, soon you won't have a choice. I collect elite cuts, but still see a place for males in the world. Peace GS

E

Element4NorCal

I have never personally purchased any feminized seeds since I embrace a possible male and actually look forward to the possibility of a strong male to breed with if I am lucky enough to find a good male.

However I have heard of many other growers spending the extra money on feminized packs to ensure that all of their seeds end up being a female and getting a 100% males out of femenized packs from reputable European seed companies. I have also heard of the majority being hermaphrodite and weak females.

Take your chances and select the best of the best. Even the worlds best genetics can turn out incredibly horrible in the hands of the wrong grower.

The most powerful, flavorful, and most promising strains if improperly cared for can turn hermaphrodite or male depending on different environmental condition variations. More or less light hours needed for that strain and some strains are very touchy as to nutes and temp, humidity, and the color of the spectrum the seedling receives in its first few weeks to months of life.

Hope this was able to shed some light on your question.

Jay Frost

A

antimatter

Breeders need to make money to, so they take shortcuts and get there seeds on the market as quick as possible so they can make money.. get it? even regular seeds from reputable seed companies can be crap, maybe not hermies but its pretty obvious that selection and testing is not as thorough as you all think. Not saying you shouldn't buy seeds but i'll take clones anyday of the week over some random selfed $200 a pack seeds.

southstreets

southstreets

i dont know i'd buy ogr s1's all day long!! the hottest herb out comes from s1 stock.. the whitefires... so yea tons of people have excellent results with fem seeds... just need to watch who you buy'em from.. i dont really think ones better than another.. just depends on wants and needs!!

A

antimatter

i dont know i'd buy ogr s1's all day long!! the hottest herb out comes from s1 stock.. the whitefires... so yea tons of people have excellent results with fem seeds... just need to watch who you buy'em from.. i dont really think ones better than another.. just depends on wants and needs!!

There not gonna be identical to the original clone though there is gonna be a variety of different looking plants you might get lucky and get a really good one that compares to the original or not.. I just can't see how people justify selling a 10 pack of selfed seeds for 200 bucks, when I made female seeds I did a sog with a 1k in a 4x4 reversed one with CS and ended up with around 4000+ seeds in a timeframe of about 2 1/2 - 3 months but they ended up being hermie bad pheno hell.

Edit: out of 1000 of those seeds I grew out there was 1 exceptional plant yes only 1. Talk about bad luck.

southstreets

southstreets

There not gonna be identical to the original clone though there is gonna be a variety of different looking plants you might get lucky and get a really good one that compares to the original or not.. I just can't see how people justify selling a 10 pack of selfed seeds for 200 bucks, when I made female seeds I did a sog with a 1k in a 4x4 reversed one with CS and ended up with around 4000+ seeds in a timeframe of about 2 1/2 - 3 months but they ended up being hermie bad pheno hell.

Edit: out of 1000 of those seeds I grew out there was 1 exceptional plant yes only 1. Talk about bad luck.

damn that sucks bro!!! in raskals case i dont think he ever wantd anything to come out like the clones he was using.. just wanted some dank fems for everyone to grow out... and thats what they are.. growin out some white urkles and they are def FIRE!!!

A

antimatter

damn that sucks bro!!! in raskals case i dont think he ever wantd anything to come out like the clones he was using.. just wanted some dank fems for everyone to grow out... and thats what they are.. growin out some white urkles and they are def FIRE!!!

Yhea it sucked for sure but even though I wasted the space for making seeds I was still able to sell the leftover bud after I deseeded and removed all the stems so you can imagine guys taking elites soging them and making a bunch of seeds with little effort and selling at $200 a pack are doing pretty well considering they also can deseed the bud and take out the stems and sell that. They should be $60-$80 a pack not $200 but I suppose the reason there so expensive is to sell alot of packs and pay the bills requires alot of people buying seeds which there probably are not enough people buying seeds to come even close to selling a few thousand seeds a year.

Fems are nice though if they are tested before being sold and are cleared for no bad phenos or hermies but $$$ comes first in this business.

F

FatBastard

On this site, you'll see alot of "feminized" bashers so I expect responses to be leaning heavily towards reg seeds. But I've had great success with Paradise and Dinafem fem seeds, sucky results from G.H. and Dutch Passion. For those of us with space issues, bought from a reliable source, they are a viable way to go.

I have had great luck with "Resin seed" and "Next generation"..

420king-MASSES

regular seeds handsdown fem cant compete unless your a newbie

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

5 seeds from barneys. 4 popped 3 were females. I bought 2 more that both popped that I'm waiting on.

O

Old HAGgler

regular seeds handsdown fem cant compete unless your a newbie

damn really?

haha so everyone thats making fem seeds is doing it for the sole purpose of new growers???

nooooooooooo.......

there are some crosses that i can only get in fem form...

i mean honestly fem/not fem, its not a big deal, you could talk in and out about regular/fem seeds but the point is if you looking for herb your looking for females. these breeders are taking the sweat off your back.

now if your a breeder, looking for a male or a certain parent pheno, then yeah stick with regular. but i mean im not trying to cop the breeders lines and shit, i like growing out mixtures and finding new plants. who cares if it doesnt look like the clone only form, its still marijuana and it'll still be dank and look good and you can clone the fuck out of em.

furthermore i'd say fem beans are for NON NOOBs because there are more factors like hermie with stress you have to worry about. my first few grows i TRIED to do regular seeds just so i could distinguish males from females, and learn the actual shit step by step,

now with my current limited space and shit, and being the abundance of female seeds out there (and good strains might i mention) im all about a fem seed if it has the right lineage. saves me some fuckin work, and nutrients, and lights and time and money etc...

with radio dreads unlucky posts not to long ago about how many males he got, shit it happens ya know.

but not with fem seeds

(i love all seed regular irregular female whatever)

just found it funny how you diss a tactic that is there to help ya.

Top Bottom