Whats BEst way to put up Poly Plastic 6mil?

• Thread starter Calimad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Calimad

i need help here,, i am sectioning off a part of a walk-closet and need to know how to put this stuff up, please help....i dont wanna use tape if at all possible..thanks

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
i need help here,, i am sectioning off a part of a walk-closet and need to know how to put this stuff up, please help....i dont wanna use tape if at all possible..thanks

Aerosal spray adhesive sold at Home Depot in the paint department, $13 a can. Spary both sides and wait a minute so it get's tacky, press and seal.

I just built a veg system out of black poly this month, only difference is I don't have problem with tape. I used the spray adhesive but also lined each seem with duct tape and stapled through the tape. Stapling through the poly only and it WILL pull out over time. There's different colors and types of tape out there. It's not the tape holding things it's the staple.

jj

Tent 8 04 09 021
Tent 8 04 09 020
C

Calimad

thanks guys, ill keep in mind that spray adhesive stiff but i am lil worried that it might peel off due to wear&tear and heat, no?

im kinda afraid of using staples too, would that just rip fairly quickly...

i got me some Sunleaves Poly plastic its 6 mil thick

thanks for the pics, good visualization.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Them Velcro rolls sure works wonders:) Simple and easy too

:passingjoint:

GTD

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are going over wood I would staple it using those cardboard strips they use in hanging drywall. JK

C

Calimad

does that velcro seal well?

i am sectioning of a decent size closet for the flower chamber. so i would need to have the poly sealed on ceiling and side walls

C

Calimad

cardboard stips? cant i just tear strips off cardboard?

Latest posts

Top Bottom