whats better for veg 125w envirolite or 600w hps

• Thread starter lil ze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lil ze

i am starting another grow i am gonna do 3 buddha blue cheese and 3 lemon haze.I used a 400w hps last time throughout the whole grow for 4 plants and have now got a 600w hps and a 125w envirolite, i was thinking what will be better jus using the 600w hps trough veg and flower or use the envirolite for veg then switch to the hps for flower , what do u think?

L

livinglegend

the 600 watt in veg will be better. i veg under 1 to 2k hps watts.....
let your clones or seedlings sit under the other lamp for a week or less, than pop that HPS on them. youll get better, more vigorous growth.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Get a conversion bulb for the 400 watter and run that and the envirolight in one room for veg and use the 600 watt hps for flower. If you're just doing the one run in one room use them all.

W

WilliamsWonder

Either use a conversion bulb for the 400 or 600, or just a regular hps.

W

WilliamsWonder

Yep, you can use a hps for veg too... People do it all the time.

WilliamsWonder

L

lil ze

i do not have the 400w hps no more only the 125 envirolite and the 600 hps i am going to start them off with the 125 for a few weeks then change it for the 600 w hps.jus germed my seeds got buddha blue cheese and g13 haze.

L

lil ze

how far should i have the 125w envirolite away from the plants at the moment they are about 10" away , the plants seem to be stretching a little is this because the light to far ?

A

ALB3RTsWeeD

i veg under 600w hps and the result is a happy outcome :passingjoint:

B

bulkybud

how far should i have the 125w envirolite away from the plants at the moment they are about 10" away , the plants seem to be stretching a little is this because the light to far ?

Yep. Enviros like other fluos need to be as close as possible. An inch or two from the top of your plants will allow you to maximize the lumen output towards the plants. :hi:

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

I like to veg. under a 400 wt hps for a week then put them under the big 1000 for a week then turn back the sand of time to create a gift from god a beautiful purple plant happy grow to u all out their on the farm

Tripsick

Tripsick

600 hps over the 125w for sure but like others have said look into the conversion lamp

L

lil ze

i might switch to the 600w 2 mora because i would like to try harvest for christmas and i think that the 125w for 6 plants will be slower .

L

lil ze

i switched to the 600w hps how far should this be from top of plants

Latest posts

Top Bottom