What's causing this brown color and crispy leaves on the bottom leaves only

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

When I remove one of the leaves that has it bad, it moves up to the next set of leaves

Whats causing this brown color and crispy leaves on the bottom leaves only
Mothman

Mothman

The clawed leaves near the top (both plants) suggest nitrogen overload.
Edit: are you using flower nutes or veg nutes or what?

The necrosis at the bottom looks like calcium deficiency to me. Are you feeding calmag? Leave the damaged leaves alone while you figure it out. Low leaves are like an early warning system, I always leave a few of the lowest leaves as sentinels for pH or nute problems. They’re reservoirs of mobile nutrients that will help sustain the growth tips, but at the expense of killing the lower leaves. Not something that you want to continue for long.

The yellowing leaf tips at the top are another potential problem, but I don’t know what that is. Maybe your light is too bright or too close?

(Wait to take action until you get confirmation from someone more experienced.)

bguwop420

bguwop420

The clawed leaves near the top (both plants) suggest nitrogen overload.
Edit: are you using flower nutes or veg nutes or what?

The necrosis at the bottom looks like calcium deficiency to me. Are you feeding calmag? Leave the damaged leaves alone while you figure it out. Low leaves are like an early warning system, I always leave a few of the lowest leaves as sentinels for pH or nute problems. They’re reservoirs of mobile nutrients that will help sustain the growth tips, but at the expense of killing the lower leaves. Not something that you want to continue for long.

The yellowing leaf tips at the top are another potential problem, but I don’t know what that is. Maybe your light is too bright or too close?

(Wait to take action until you get confirmation from someone more experienced.)
I havnt used calmag only fed Dr Earth Flower Girl like a week ago Might of used too much .. I might have used too much

Mothman

Mothman

I havnt used calmag only fed Dr Earth Flower Girl like a week ago Might of used too much .. I might have used too much
Some of the clawing looks older than that, maybe your soil mix was heavy on the N. One plants top leaves look worse than the other plant, so I’d avoid N for the moment on that plant.

I see your fert already has 13% calcium, so bear that in mind when introducing calmag.

Top Bottom