Whats Causing This

• Thread starter NotaRasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Having issues with my Wonder Woman plants in veg.
Feeding jacks formula
2-2-1comes out 820ppm ph 5.8-6.0 with ro water
Lights are t5 24/7
Temp and humidity 76 and 60%
Been battling a magnesium deficiency for awhile seems like now matter what they always have it. Now it getting dark coloring on new growth. Any ideas

Whats causing this
Organikz

Organikz

That's UV burn bud. Don't do foliar with lights on. How high are the lights and what kind? Air circulation?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

What is your EC/ph going in?
Idk about UV burn? I'v foiler fed vegging under 1k's many times (1/4-1/2 strength nutes) and never had an issue.
You said with your Wonder Women plants. Do you have other strains growing as well not having this problem?

Last edited:
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

That's UV burn bud. Don't do foliar with lights on. How high are the lights and what kind? Air circulation?[/QUOTE
The t5's sit about 10inches above my plants. Lights stay on 24/7 but ive done foilar sprays without issue. Maybe these plants are just sensitive to it.

Organikz

Organikz

@Tasty Buds knows his shit so I will let him help out with nutrients. I know I've seen plants show every deficiency under the sun from UV stress. Some strains aren't affected. I always look to enviro first

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

What is your EC/ph going in?
Idk about UV burn? I'v foiler fed vegging under 1k's many times (1/4-1/2 strength nutes) and never had an issue.
You said with your Wonder Women plants. Do you have other strains growing as well not having this problem?
Nothing in veg but everything i just flipped was in same enviroment same nutes and medium. Vegged just fine but different strain so idk

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

If all other strains are healthy, add .5 ml cal-mag every 2-3 days until new growth is normal. Some strains just need more.

matreurai

matreurai

Foliar spray with some B1 (rhizotonic or Thrive whatev), add a 1ml of Cal-Mag to it, change the cycle to 18/6 and it will be fine. If you can, feed the plant with a Tea Compost like Vermi-T also, it will kick it back into an healthy veg.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
If your soil ph is off then you will be magnifying your problems by adding more or different nutrients, check your runoff ph and ppm or do a slurry test. Your ph could be off from salt buildups also.

matreurai

matreurai

If your soil ph is off then you will be magnifying your problems by adding more or different nutrients, check your runoff ph and ppm or do a slurry test. Your ph could be off from salt buildups also.
If it was salt problems, the tips would be yellow.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Foliar spray with some B1 (rhizotonic or Thrive whatev), add a 1ml of Cal-Mag to it, change the cycle to 18/6 and it will be fine. If you can, feed the plant with a Tea Compost like Vermi-T also, it will kick it back into an healthy veg.
Probably wont change my light schedule. Gonna try some foliar and increasing cal. See what happens

matreurai

matreurai

Probably wont change my light schedule. Gonna try some foliar and increasing cal. See what happens
The plant counts only hours at night, by putting her under 24/7, hormonally is one fuckin long day. Its stressful. The plant needs darkness to transform starch and to create CO2. It needs a break man, i can assure you. If you let her like that for too long, it will pop seeds.
The B1 will prevent any stress also

Top Bottom