What's Everyone Using For Flowering This Year?

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maya42

maya42

I'm using some new stuff called Grean bicycles. I've seen the results at a friends place and I was SUPER impressed. I was shown buds the size of softballs from a strain I have grown out before.

Anyways. ......what are you using ?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
IMG 20150812 144144
seaweed!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Quality soil obviously. Supplemented with EWC top dressing, and Advancing Eco-Agriculture's organic line. Never been happier with a product line before, and a little goes a very long way. Application rates are complicated, but based off acreage. Not getting massive nugs, but large nugs of high quality, IMO.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

amino acids (from protein hydrolysate), humic acids, ACT (blackstrap molasses, EWC, kelp meal solution, organic compost) biobizz seaweed and bloom.

What about KCL - potassium chloride? its a pretty common fertilizer among regular farmers here and approved for organic usage by our department of agriculture. does anyone use it?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Dude if u are looking for a synthetic bloom boost look no further than massive from green planet. First two weeks I go at half strength rest of bloom I use suggested dosage. Use it u will love it.

Limonene

Limonene

canadian express super potash, headmasta, green planet liquid w8, a new locally made (UK midlands) booster called bigfoot.

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

I quit putting nutrients on them weeks ago. I got some EM-1 as a mold preventive. Boy am I shocked. I have used only about 20% of the nutrients used last year. The plants are monsters 8 footers and I have been bending and tying them down for a month.
29 dollars for a quart. mix in wine carboy with water and a quart of molasses . 2 weeks later you have 5 gallons of AEM. Mix some with wheat bran and more molasses and ferment for 2 more weeks gives you Bokashi. Mix Bokashi with soil when planting . This stuff is amazing. dog gets skunked....spray it on ....smell gone. spray on dog ...dog smell gone...amazing stuff. spray plants once a week ....no sigh of mold yet....amazing stuff.

Underthesun

Underthesun

This is my second year growing organic and my first year not following a schedule with bottled nutes, so open to helpful criticism.

Pretty much let my base soil go up until a few weeks ago then I gave a kelp meal/ bat guano / blood meal / bone meal top dress. I mixed this food in with some wet EWC and regular compost until it was a muddy paste and spread it out over the tops of my beds. Then I watered with my compost teas. A week ago I watered with a sea bird guano / bat guano mixture I had bubbled up for 24 hours (low ratios here, like 3 oz to 5 gallons) and watered with that followed by my compost teas. Yesterday I watered with a nutrient tea of EWC / kelp meal / liquid kelp / bat guano / sea bird guano / molasses, followed by my compost teas. Also pretty low ratios here. My plants seem very happy at the moment.

So from here on out I'm going to cut out N, unless its coming from my EWC or Kelp.

Flowering plan starting now:
Compost teas made in 5 gallons. 2 cups EWC, 3 oz Molasses. 36 hours bubbling good. Use this every watering or every other watering until harvest or right before.

Once a week I'm going to feed with 0-0-1 liquid kelp 1 oz/gal, and molasses 1 oz gallon. No bubbling here, just mixing and watering. Then followed by my compost teas. I'm going to do this up until 2-3 weeks before harvest.

I also plan on mixing up another muddy paste of EWC and kelp meal and spreading that around the top in the next week or two.

I have enjoyed using five gallon buckets for my teas. I have a pump rated for up to 25 gallons or so, so I generally have 3 buckets going. This way I can have a nutrient tea going and two compost tea buckets at the same time.

Open to suggestions, thanks.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

@Underthesun you're good.
i didn't see any K though (but maybe i missed something), if that's the case i would add some.
-that's IMO, i'm no expert.
goodluck man!

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I was hoping to get enough K from the kelp meal, liquid seaweed and molasses.

Could be... it really depends on the kind of seaweed (which algae group, specie etc) and/or kelp genera.
be easier if i knew which products you're using.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I'm using Maxigrow liquid kelp 0-0-1, will top dress one more time with kelp meal Down To Earth 1-0.1-2, and my Earth Juice high brix molasses 0-0-1. This is the same molasses used in my compost teas but I feed it seperately as well. Its actually cheaper per gallon than the grocery store stuff.

I also believe some K Is still in my soil from compost and EWC, although I have no clue...I just think so.

What could I add that will help out and not hurt anything? I'm trying to stay away from bottled bloom boosters just because I feel a balanced ecosytem in my soil has developed over the past months and I don't want to disturb that. The liquid seaweed is more to feed my microbes than be a bottled nute. Should I be juicing them up? Probably depends on how much food is left in my soil. I don't know! So I guess thats why I ask if there is anything that could be added that won't hurt anything...because they look happy now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom