What's everyone's favorite canadian strain?

• Thread starter haze89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haze89

Just got back from Canada, I have a few friends with cards and grows so every trip there is a treat. I sampled some "ninja turtle" on my previous trip (a few months back) It's genetics were Shrom x Mean Green Martian, it had a really nice dark green color to it with lots of purple, really tastey pine flavor, one of my favorite smokes of recent memory. I also smoked a bit of Romulan and Romulan x ISS x Blueberry (both grown and crossed by a good friend). Really interesting smell, and real bag appeal, although the BEST canadian bud I ever smoked was this no name bud another friend of mine grows. He got the cut from his dad, who grew it from bag seed. This bud REEKS like rotten fruit, poop, and a definite haze influence (also very evident in it's stretch). The trichs are so packed on that it looks like they're stacking on top of each other. It's also one of the few times I've seen completely green (or white) nug with fully purple hairs. I should be getting some beans of this plant crossed to Romulan then back crossed to the no name mother in about 4 months. If I can get a nice mom and dad I'll definitely send in some freebies if you guys wanted.

D

Donk Frog

no such thing as strain belonging to a country, how do you know if the seeds were bought in canada, and even if the cut your buddy dad has that was grown for bag seed was bought here, was the weed the bag seed was found in from Canada? Also there is the problem of diffrent growers growing the same strain...what I mean is a master grower can take a plant and rock it , while a newbie might have the same cut run it, and those who smoke it get a unfavorable impression of it...
That being said my fav's going around here right now (other than my stuff)
Some really nice blueberry hydro going around but pricey
And outdoor frisland, which is always very potent even for heavy smokers, and come at a good price.
Some grapefruit around but I personnal did not like it....

H

haze89

The bag seed was from his dads co workers harvest, which was an accidental pollination (therefore this bud originated in canada). Also, this kids dad may have that and a few other killer cuts (including the ninja turtle from a local disp.) but this dude ain't no einstein when it comes to growing. He's real old school and doesn't bother learning new techniques and this bud is still killer. (although his son has flat out MASTERED this cut) I've smoked Chemdog #4, Chemdog D, most of the OG cuts, you name it, and this shit is right up there. I won't say its stronger than the chems but it's CLOSE.

I also thought strains like Romulan and Iss originated there? and for some reason I can never seem to get away from blueberry every time I'm there, I know blueberry didn't originate there (wasn't it oregon?) but you gotta admit, that shit is EVERYWHERE in canada haha. I've smoked some grapefruit there aswell, it's been a while but I remembered it tasting nice.

K

KushyNutt

I agree with haze89 that I.S.S is definately Canadian originating on Vancouver Island if Iam not mistaken and the Romulan has been around our country for as long as I have been growing. I personally really enjoy godbud, and another big favourite would be G-spot from Vancouver Island seed company. I also love the outdoor Friesland that I get from the Montreal Compassion club, very stony.:pimp:

H

haze89

I got some god bud that was straight purple in ontario at this place called the chubby pickle hahaha best name. Never smoked Gspot, although I heard its some DANK. Never even heard of Friesland before though.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
no such thing as strain belonging to a country, how do you know if the seeds were bought in canada, and even if the cut your buddy dad has that was grown for bag seed was bought here, was the weed the bag seed was found in from Canada? Also there is the problem of diffrent growers growing the same strain...what I mean is a master grower can take a plant and rock it , while a newbie might have the same cut run it, and those who smoke it get a unfavorable impression of it...
That being said my fav's going around here right now (other than my stuff)
Some really nice blueberry hydro going around but pricey
And outdoor frisland, which is always very potent even for heavy smokers, and come at a good price.
Some grapefruit around but I personnal did not like it....

There are tons of strains created in Canada, thus making them Canadian strains, like ISS and Gspot. The plants used to make them may have not been from Canada, but that is beyond the point. Blueberry was created in Oregon. Grapefruit, I might be wrong here, but I think it was created in Canada....

D

Dr.Smitty

Texada Timewarp from Peak along with their Northernberry are Canadian strains that rock the garden.

D

Donk Frog

"The plants used to make them may have not been from Canada, but that is beyond the point. "-revolutionseeds

No that is the point:mad0229:...some strains show up more in certain areas, but weed(cuts & seed) is passed around so often that even so called...local weed , (weed that is around or was bred in a certain area).....no country can claim a plant, they all belong to the whole planet :banana1sv6:....... the cannabis gene pool from which we all draw gentics was around long before people even were namin their countries. As people have been smokin and growin it 4 thousands of years:thinking

M

Malachi

Not sure its origin, but it is bred in Canada by VISC; Fucking Incredible I love that shit!

R

Rabbi

0917091601.jpg
0917091602.jpg
0917091603.jpg

Romulian comes from Cali mendocino Area i.e. mendocino Joe breeder of the Romulian and member of Sacred Seed from sometime in the 70 till he left for Vancouver Island I believe '81.

H

haze89

Romulian comes from Cali mendocino Area i.e. mendocino Joe breeder of the Romulian and member of Sacred Seed from sometime in the 70 till he left for Vancouver Island I believe '81.

Good info man thanks alot.

H

haze89

Not sure its origin, but it is bred in Canada by VISC; Fucking Incredible I love that shit!

I've seen some of these being grown out by friends but never had a chance to sample any. Kinda think the name is dumb but it definitely looked like some good smoke.

H

haze89

"The plants used to make them may have not been from Canada, but that is beyond the point. "-revolutionseeds

No that is the point:mad0229:...some strains show up more in certain areas, but weed(cuts & seed) is passed around so often that even so called...local weed , (weed that is around or was bred in a certain area).....no country can claim a plant, they all belong to the whole planet :banana1sv6:....... the cannabis gene pool from which we all draw gentics was around long before people even were namin their countries. As people have been smokin and growin it 4 thousands of years:thinking

Sorry if I worded it wrong, what I mean is strains BRED in Canada. I think most posters understand this though, I didn't post this thread to argue over semantics. No one can own a strain obviously, it's a plant. I understand this. So no it ISNT the point. (hence why most posters here are posting AROUND your comments.)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

O.k. back to the thread topic here, I love Canadian strains, or canadian bud when in Canada. I love the biker hash plant, there is very little in my opinion that can compare to the complex taste and knockdown stone. I have also had amazing blueberry, shishkaberry, champagne, jamaican lambsbreath, dutch treat, afghani bluerider, bubba kush, and nl #5. But ultimately I love the biker hash plant, it has been years since i have smoked it, but if anyone is out there with this cut please, please, post photos. I have never seen a pic of it growing ever! Not on any website, or magazine. I believe that it is a true hash plant, little to no hairs, and rock hard nuggetry.

B

bigbag

sanvanalona,
check out hemp depot's pic's of reef's supreme hashplant

R

Rabbi

I thought that crap sounded familiar SHROM x Martian Mean Green DNA Genetics AKA Sleestack not ninja turtle---

IMG_1599.jpg

R

Rabbi

All those Sanvanalona listed are canadian imports

and Lamb Bread is Jamacian

Lambz_bread_2.jpg

Lambz_bread.jpg

Top Bottom