What's everyone's favorite canadian strain?

• Thread starter haze89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TortureKill

TortureKill

BC BUD, To me, Would be beasters. This is about all I have ever seen from the North. Granted Ive never traveled to Canada, but im just south of the border, in the Northeastern US. Beasters or BC bud, is that tight, compact buds. Lime green, dense trich coverage. They got all the bag appeal, taste (usually), but not the potency. These buds go for about the same as any other dank bud, but u dont get as much bang for your buck. I personally avoid the shit. Id rather smoke some good local outdoor than this shit, any day.

I will admit there are a lot of great strains coming from the NORTH but I havent had the pleasure of trying them. There are a few Ive been wanting to pick up and run. I have been growing a breeding a few different lines with selection leading towards shorter flowering cycles, and mold resistance.
Variety is the spice of life.

TortureKill

TortureKill

This bud we called BC Bud, or beasters, Im now almost positive it was/is coming out of quebec

TortureKill

TortureKill

Has anyone ever heard of a strain called Beamer? I just received a pack of seeds labeled Beamer x Nepalese. Im familiar with Nepalese. I was told Beamer is a canadian strain but can't find any info on it. Can anyone help me out with this one?

S

Sea Of Green

Beamer? I'm pretty confident I've heard it mentioned a time or two, somewhere or another, I can't recall when or where though. So I've got nothing on it presently, I'm afraid. Sorry.
Not sure its origin, but it is bred in Canada by VISC; Fucking Incredible I love that shit!
I'm still waiting to try that one, because I bet it is exactly so. But I have had some Burmese x F.I. my uncle grew, and it was some of the best shit I've EVER smoked. In my Top 5 for sure. Truly a "Fucking Incredible" strain/cross indeed.

I bought my Shiskaberry seeds from a Canadian source(Cash Crop Ken seeds from Marc Emery). And I really do think it's a superb strain, it does everything I'd want a plant to do for me. Except reek like a skunk's asshole. Which, though I do crave the smell/taste of it myself, would be a bit more than I'd want to deal with keeping a handle on indoors. I've been growing it indoors for 10 years now, and not one minute of which was spent worried whether my neighbors could smell my crop or not. That type of peace-of-mind is priceless. And that's just one, of the myriad, of reasons why it's my favorite Canadian strain. Hands down.

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Old thread here. I'm surprised nobody mentioned UBC Chemo or Tuna Kush. Both are great, strong indicas. Another good one is Jean Guy from Montreal.

oregongreener

oregongreener

The Dr. Atomic and Jordan of the Islands stuff I grew out years ago was my favorite...

Atomic Shiva
Atomic Northern Lights
Blue Hawaiian (grown outdoors near Mt. Hood)

All were potent as all hell, though the Blue Hawaiian didn't yield for shit. Even outside. We got like 1/4 lb from the plant all told. It was 1/4 lb of the trippiest, dankest, stuff I've come across, but the ends didn't justify the means....

greener

420bliss

420bliss

BC BUD, To me, Would be beasters. This is about all I have ever seen from the North. Granted Ive never traveled to Canada, but im just south of the border, in the Northeastern US. Beasters or BC bud, is that tight, compact buds. Lime green, dense trich coverage. They got all the bag appeal, taste (usually), but not the potency. These buds go for about the same as any other dank bud, but u dont get as much bang for your buck. I personally avoid the shit. Id rather smoke some good local outdoor than this shit, any day.

I will admit there are a lot of great strains coming from the NORTH but I havent had the pleasure of trying them. There are a few Ive been wanting to pick up and run. I have been growing a breeding a few different lines with selection leading towards shorter flowering cycles, and mold resistance.
Variety is the spice of life.

i have been told the bikers up there would kief the "bc bud" on big ass shaker tables. I remember when i first started smokin there was bc all over oregon

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

i have been told the bikers up there would kief the "bc bud" on big ass shaker tables. I remember when i first started smokin there was bc all over oregon
The kiefing theory! I used to believe this one wholeheartedly, but I am pretty sure I was wrong. Have you ever kiefed a big amount before? It takes way too long and that just was not the case, the problem was that oc came in and it really fucked the whole scene.......pretty much early harvest, little care, and early finishing strains became what we called beasters. The 90's Canadian growers were the best that I have ever seen, I used to love going up there and getting my palate rocked! PLEASE, PLEASE, Bring me the hash plant!!!!!!!!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
How come no one has said rock star i heard and have read that it was some straight fire! Also what about couch lock that shit is some straight dank!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Some of the best weed I ever smoked I bought literally on the street in Vancouver. The kid threw his scale down on the side walk and weighed a q out for me. It was yummy.

outwest

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Is Rockstar just OG kush?....it looks like it from the photos I have seen. Not sure though, and certainly somebody from Canada can chime in here with proof I am sure!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Beasters!!!! ;) What strain is that anyway? Is it just some kinda big bud?

outwest

green punk

green punk

Used to get one called Stripe it seemed like a skunkier version of Bubble Gum. And Nagano Gold was another that was abundant and quality.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

someone called???

lol

Most of the Beasters that was coming out of BC was either Jamaican or Juicyfruit

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Is Rockstar just OG kush?....it looks like it from the photos I have seen. Not sure though, and certainly somebody from Canada can chime in here with proof I am sure!
Rockstar is sensi star x soma a+(rock bud). Bonguru seeds, I grew it for several years straight, this newer one is prob a hybrid or just named that but there is a seed strain named this...

My pick would be Dankouver!!

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Rockstar is sensi star x soma a+(rock bud). Bonguru seeds, I grew it for several years straight, this newer one is prob a hybrid or just named that but there is a seed strain named this...

My pick would be Dankouver!!
Rockstar and rockstar crosses are pretty popular right now (ex. Rockstar x purple kush). Same genetics as you mentioned. It's good but not fabulous.

Top Bottom