whats goin on wit the leaves? over-fert, cal mg def, ph or WHAT?

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
winta

winta

so...im 22days in flower with my guava13 and she is doin great except for a few leaves that dont look right...so heres the info on the grow:

medium: coco coir
nutes: cns17 bloom,cal mg,flora blend and bud candy (for the most part)
water: distilled
container: 5gal

now i didnt start to see this until after my week 2 feeding of:

5ml cal mg
25ml cns17 grow
5ml flora blend
2ml bud candy

ph 5.6

i thought i might have been a lil too heavy on the nutes so i leeched and since then i have feed her twice with:

6ml cal mg
20ml cns17 bloom
5ml flora blend
2ml hammerhead
2ml bud candy

ppm 1080
ph 5.6

i havent seen it get any worst but i want to get whatever it is/was in check so i dont have any future problems and its my 1st time usin coco so im not sure about optimum ph or the amount of cal mg it needs...

so what do u think...over fert, cal mg def, ph or what?

Guava13 ill leaves1jpg
Guava13 ill leaves2jpg
Guava13 ill leaves3jpg
Guava13 ill leaves4jpg
T

TreFarmer

My problem was Cal def. The time before it was (neem) foliar burn. Both looked very similar... good luck Winta!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I am just wrapping up a run with cns17, and I only used cns and ro water. No cal mag. Sweeteners and any extras were a separate top feed. No signs of deficiencies at all.

-TF

qupee

qupee

I'm running around today telling everyone with deficiency problems to check their medium for root aphids. ;-)

S

sfzoo

pH seems fine, although i like 5.8, but it should be good at 5.6

IMO, that looks like over fert. what's your ppms? its tough to gauge how hot a solution is without ppm/ec.

Did the tip burn start before or after the necrosis in the middle?

winta

winta

good to know thanx

I am just wrapping up a run with cns17, and I only used cns and ro water. No cal mag. Sweeteners and any extras were a separate top feed. No signs of deficiencies at all.

-TF

no root aphids but thanx for stoppin in :)

I'm running around today telling everyone with deficiency problems to check their medium for root aphids. ;-)

oh ok...ill shoot for 5.8 next time...the ppm in week 2 was like 1130 and my last feeding (with 5ml less bloom) was at 1080 so i was kinda thinkin it was over fert too but i wasnt quite sure...the tips burned 1st..

pH seems fine, although i like 5.8, but it should be good at 5.6

IMO, that looks like over fert. what's your ppms? its tough to gauge how hot a solution is without ppm/ec.

Did the tip burn start before or after the necrosis in the middle?

S

sfzoo

if the tips burned first, you're probably too hot. the excess nutrients are pushed to the margins of the leaf, then the light burns em off.

tip burn is very often a case of over fert.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

if it doesn't turn out to be a nute problem i'd hit them with a fungacide. It kind of looks like rust fungus. the only difference is rust fungus doesn't necessarily always start on the leaf edges. It took me a while to figure out what was going on with my plants wasn't a deficiency or a lock out but fungus. I hit them with Serenade (coupled with Floramite for spider mite prevention) a couple times and took off all affected leaves. It seemed to have worked as i'm in my second cycle without it, but I still spray with Serenade and Floramite every two weeks until flowering just to make sure nothing comes back. good luck man

E

Elite Nugs

Possible Rust Fungus. Only way I got rid of mine was with a Sulfur Burner. I used a ton of sprays and none of em worked. Only the Burner. Once I did the first burn, the leaves started standing up, all crispy, like weights had been lifted off them. They started showing improvements right away and in no time I had new healthy growth.

I thought it was a nutrient deficiency at first. But I'd been running my system the same way for years, and never got any kind of lock out because I kept things clean. Nutrients were mixed the same exact way. So it couldnt be lockout. Then I looked for Root Aphids. I was in a flood and drain bucket system, so I had a easy visual on my roots. Inspected them and found nothing. I didnt see any visible insects. I even pulled leaves off and examined them in the microscope and couldnt find any kind of bugs. So then I decided to bring some healthy plants into the same room. I gave them fresh nutrients, on a separate hydro system with all new pots, buckets, hoses and medium. Mixed the nutes the same exact way as I always have and the healthy plants caught it within 2 days. By day 3 my healthy plants were no longer healthy. Decided to use a sulfur burner as my last hope.... and the shit worked. I found out later on that it was called Rust Fungus.

H

H3AD_CAS3

that's cool and all that you are trying to help but telling everyone RA might be the problem seems pretty one dimensional.

It's obvious from the background leaves that the whole plant is suffering tip burn from running a hot mix of nutes. OP you have the right idea to back down on the PPM's.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hey WINTA, I use cns17 coco nutes also. I never feed more than 10 ml per gallon of cns17. Along with 5 ml of calmag. They seem overfed to me. Peace, RB

Top Bottom