What's goin on with my leaves?!?

• Thread starter KryptiikKidd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KryptiikKidd

I really need help I don't want to lose any of these... any info is very appreciated... I have a spb1200 led light at about 24 inches above crown... please help I'm really working on learning how to read my leaves... thanks in advance!!

Whats goin on with my leaves
Whats goin on with my leaves 2
Whats goin on with my leaves 3
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Edge curl like that is often too much light, and/or too much heat.

K

KryptiikKidd

Awesome thanks for the help if I dial it back will that curl come out or is it there now???

M

monkey47

Awesome thanks for the help if I dial it back will that curl come out or is it there now???
Most of the time the leaves will recover but they will keep some vissible signs.
Instead of using less light (which stuns the growth) you can also opt to up the humidity.

The plant is basicly trying to decrease its surface area because its losing to much water because of the amount of light and heat. upping the hummidity will make it easier for the plant to hydrate the leaves trough the moisture in the air.

K

KryptiikKidd

Yes I think it's definitely a humidity issue for sure I'm working on righting the situation

M

monkey47

Yes I think it's definitely a humidity issue for sure I'm working on righting the situation

I have the same problem with my plants in veg under LED but they bounce right back when i throw them under the HPS for flowering so i dont care about upping the humidity. I figure that little bit of stress during veg will make them more resilient during flowering when it really matters.

20240315 223145
M

monkey47

This is how they look the day after i put the light at maximum height. They perked up allot but you can see the scar tissue on the leaves.
Does not matter to much for me because i dont have the same problem when i flip them under hps to 12/12 the scared leaves wont get any light anyways because of the plants grow spurt.

The really grean leaf with some signs of nutrient deficiency (its my mother i stress her a bit on purpose) is in the same grow tenth but onder 98Watts of T5 and they dont havethe same amount of curling going on so its interesting to see how the same plant reacts to another light source when they are in the same enviroment

20240316 180511
20240316 180434
20240316 180852
K

KryptiikKidd

All good info thanks guys so I finally got a humidity gauge and found out I was growing in 30% humidity I threw a bigger humidifier in there and they are starting to come back a bit

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

If it's one or two leaves.. I wouldn't worry about it... but the reason I've decide to post was... what's all the white powder specs on the stems and a bit on the leaves?

3rd image down...

A

alpha.ganjaguy

If it's one or two leaves.. I wouldn't worry about it... but the reason I've decide to post was... what's all the white powder specs on the stems and a bit on the leaves?

3rd image down...
I was thinking the same thing, almost looks like pm starting

Top Bottom