Whats happening to my plant?

• Thread starter PakiWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PakiWeed

Hello! For past 1 week and half my plant's leaves started getting totally dried out/brown on just part of leaf, not whole. Plant is in veg state probably one month old. I really have no idea why is this happening, PH is between 5.5 - 6.5, I use 4x CFL 23 W for one plant.

Photo0066.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

Photo0069.jpg

This is indoor closet grow. My first one :) I will get HPS today too.

If anyone know a solution to my problem, I'd be very happy for help. Thank you for all answers in advance!

vaporedout

vaporedout

they look hungry, try some nitrogen, hows the temps and humidity?

P

PakiWeed

they look hungry, try some nitrogen, hows the temps and humidity?
Hey :) Humidity is between 47-55% most of times and the temperature is between 24-27*C. How should i try nitrogen? (I have bought CO2 tablets, I know thats not nitrogen but would that help) ? :D Thank you!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Looks overwatered and hot, do you have any air circulation? If not, a little fan will get the air moving and help lower the temp a bit. Also, it'll help dry your soil which may be lacking proper drainage.. how is your ph swinging from 5.5 to 6.5? You want it closer to 6.5, 5.5 is pretty acidic.

P

PakiWeed

Thank you guys! I have few questions As i'm very begineer to this. Can someone explain me the different, (what are nutrients = nutes?, fertilizer, feeding)? Sorry It just little confuses me not sure what it exactly means :)

vaporedout

vaporedout

look up on google what a marijuana plant needs in veg and flower. during veg (right now) you need Nitrogen, you can find this in many forms mostly from crap though. i like fish poo, that works best for me, then once you flip your lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours off, they will flower. then they need a whole different kind of nutrient, P and K. just take some time and put in the manhours on google and thc farmer. youll be fine.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Thank you guys! I have few questions As i'm very begineer to this. Can someone explain me the different, (what are nutrients = nutes?, fertilizer, feeding)? Sorry It just little confuses me not sure what it exactly means :)

Anything you put into your plants aside from water is "feeding". You would buy fertilizer from the store in bottles basically labelled plant food. Nutes or nutrients are somewhat synonymous with fertilizer, think of the nutrients you ingest, same goes for plants, They require extra food and/or nutrients in order to produce a good crop. Soil alone does not allow for a plant to start and bloom to finish with nothing but water unless you have a really good soil recipe, which if you are not familiar with nutes or fertilizers you have much research to do to create such. Since you are not looking to produce a pro crop with your set up, you'd do ok not using heavy fertilizer. Maybe some organic tomato fertilizer would be good.

P

PakiWeed

Anything you put into your plants aside from water is "feeding". You would buy fertilizer from the store in bottles basically labelled plant food. Nutes or nutrients are somewhat synonymous with fertilizer, think of the nutrients you ingest, same goes for plants, They require extra food and/or nutrients in order to produce a good crop. Soil alone does not allow for a plant to start and bloom to finish with nothing but water unless you have a really good soil recipe, which if you are not familiar with nutes or fertilizers you have much research to do to create such. Since you are not looking to produce a pro crop with your set up, you'd do ok not using heavy fertilizer. Maybe some organic tomato fertilizer would be good.

Thank you for great answer! One question about soil, mine contains perlites is that nutrient already in soil or thats fertilizer? :D

P

PakiWeed

look up on google what a marijuana plant needs in veg and flower. during veg (right now) you need Nitrogen, you can find this in many forms mostly from crap though. i like fish poo, that works best for me, then once you flip your lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours off, they will flower. then they need a whole different kind of nutrient, P and K. just take some time and put in the manhours on google and thc farmer. youll be fine.

crap and fish poo LOL :D how the hack to fetch fish poo :D

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Thank you for great answer! One question about soil, mine contains perlites is that nutrient already in soil or thats fertilizer? :D
Perlite is not a nutrient or fertilizer, it's what called a soil amendment or like an additive (it's volcanic pieces of glass) , most soil mixes come with Perlite already added. It has no nutritional value for the plant but it offers roots more oxygen (and growth) by aerating or making air pockets in the soil and preventing the soil from compacting. About 1/5 perlite is what I use in my soil mixture or 20% perlite. The more perlite in your soil, the faster your soil will dry, food for thought. Also if you use too much perlite you'll be replacing it will soil which your plants use as a nutrient source.

J

justhydronow

Looks like potassium and nitrogen def. Should do fine with correct feed schedule….

Kebz

Kebz

Your in the right place and you've received the best advice. Read, read and read some more, maybe water less, the roots will drowned or rot potentially. let the root zone dry out once in a while.

All the best of luck to ya, follow the advice from the good folks above and your plants will be fine.

Top Bottom