Whats in my tent? A very loose diary. First run with Coco, Jack's, RO and automation. GG4

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Just saw this thread and skimmed most of it. Interesting differences to my coco grow, which is Sour Diesel from seed. In my case I've just lately crept up to an EC of 1450. Anything over about 1200 has some light tip burn so I've diluted my notes through mist of the grow. (Diluted by about 200 EC compated to the GH mid range chart.

My pH has been held constant at 6.0 throughout.

I've not changed much because the plants have grown like crazy and had very few issues.

I've just started week 4 in flower, and I'm still defoliating thick spots. My RH is holding at 54% with powered input fan and AC-Infinity output fan. Temps have been 78 to 82f throughout.

Fertigating 5x daily since a bit before flowering. Runoff EC was consistently much lower than input until 12/12 lighting change. It had been getting higher and higher before that, but it seems to gave jumped since then. I went from 800 points less to 800 points over input 5 days ago. I gave it a double feeding to flush it down a bit, and I went from 30 to 35 seconds each watering to make more runoff. EC today is about 100 points higher than input.

I'm sure hoping my buds will look as fat as yours soon. Sour Diesel supposedly takes an extra 3 weeks in flower, and they are getting very tall now. Including pots and risers the tops are almost 6 feet tall now.

What sort of issues did you have with your Sour Diesel grow?

sportyridr

sportyridr

Day 46 bud shot. Will be approaching the beginning of week 8 in a few days. Buds aren't monsters but they're super dense. They still look like they have some time to go. It's looking like at least week 9 and maybe week 10 for a potential chop.

View attachment 1224971

she's stacked!...lookin good to the finish...

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Just saw this thread and skimmed most of it. Interesting differences to my coco grow, which is Sour Diesel from seed. In my case I've just lately crept up to an EC of 1450. Anything over about 1200 has some light tip burn so I've diluted my notes through mist of the grow. (Diluted by about 200 EC compated to the GH mid range chart.

My pH has been held constant at 6.0 throughout.
For some reason these needed to be fed more heavily in veg and early flower or they just didn't look quite right. A lot of folks say GG4 is a heavy feeder and that seems to be the case here. My pH stayed in the 5.8 / 6 range.
I've not changed much because the plants have grown like crazy and had very few issues.
Don't change a thing!
I've just started week 4 in flower, and I'm still defoliating thick spots.
I wish i defoliated MUCH more. The layer in between the screens is going to be nothing but fluff.
I'm sure hoping my buds will look as fat as yours soon. Sour Diesel supposedly takes an extra 3 weeks in flower, and they are getting very tall now. Including pots and risers the tops are almost 6 feet tall now.
I hope yours are fatter! I'm not impressed with the size of these buds but they do look pretty nice and are dense. My sour diesel took a while to finish but the buds were a lot fatter.
What sort of issues did you have with your Sour Diesel grow?
A lot.. Ha! I was pretty distracted with other stuff during the run but let's see. After the stretch, I thought i had dimmed my lights but the canopy was getting around 1250 ppfd and temps were in the upper 80s. Surprisingly, they looked good until they didn't. One wound up being a hermie. Should've chopped it but tried plucking all the nanners. Apparantly, I didnt get them all. There were some undeveloped seeds in some of the harvested buds. You couldn't see them but you could taste and smell them when smoking. Thankfully not all of them, just some of the lower bud sites. All things considered the bud was smokeable, smelled like sour diesel and got you pretty high. Certainly wasn't the tastiest though. They did seem to take forever to finish too. Oddly, my first hermie was also my first feminized seed. I'll stick to regular. ha

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
day 48.
Day48bud

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Day 62.. Still has a little ripening to do but we're definitely coming close to a chop. Trichomes are still predominantly cloudy, not many amber whatsoever. I'm not sure if that's going to be a determining factor of when i'm going to chop these. I'm getting impatient. haha

Day63

Last edited:
Top Bottom