Whats my best option?

• Thread starter LBBandit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBBandit

LBBandit

I'm kinda stuck in a little bit of a predicament. I have a 3x2x6 tent using DWC. Since I am kinda new to this and have been reading post after post I figured there would be a failure rate in germinating seeds. I only bought 3 of them so I figured 1 or 2 wouldn't make it. To my surprise all three made it and now I'm not sure what is the best solution to the problem since I am somewhat limited on space. The seeds that germinated are Green Crack. I figured this would be the best place to go and see what everyone suggests is the best solution.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Plant one in a solo cup as a mother.
Under low light and light feeding Iā€™ve kept plants in situ for year plus, meaning tiny and living but not going anywhere and it takes zero space, but you will need a spot that u can throw a little 19w led bulb in. Considering space, can u setup a spot in a closet away from your grow that u will flower?
Or u can do a twin grow in single bucket
Cheers
Jack

LBBandit

LBBandit

Hi Jack, thank you for your insight. I really appreciate it! I like the idea of using one for a mother and never thought I could keep one in a solo cup in growth limbo for that long....I like it. I donā€™t really have an option to flower outside of my grow tent. So is doubling up on a 5 gallon bucket my best option or is it possible to get away with two buckets?

thanks again!

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

I got one at the home d.... 19watt full spectrum, use it to put on seedlings.....screw in led bulb.

Nugg

Nugg

U can't put 2 plants in one small bucket..only cost you like 10-25$ to add another bucket

LBBandit

LBBandit

Hi Nugg,

Thank you for your input. Why is it not possible to double up in one bucket? I think Jack was suggesting it because of the lack of space.

thank you,

Nugg

Nugg

One plant will fill bucket with roots and get to big...I don't think anyone in there right mind would suggest putting 2 plants in one bucket,.one will die...it's not possible in any situation...

Nugg

Nugg

Hi Nugg, thank you. Iā€™m a man of research and I came across an interesting post that might shed some light on Jacks suggestion. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/multiple-plants-in-each-5-gal-bucket-dwc.51236/.
Yes do research...one plant will fill a 4Ɨ4' area..more plants does not mean more weed..it mean smaller plants with less weed..you can't shove 50 people in a bathroom with one toilet... nothing against other ideas but you will not have any advantage try to double up plants in a single bucket.

chemistry

chemistry

See Of Green, do all three, keep the side branches to a minimum, and go for big tops. šŸ‘

LBBandit

LBBandit

Hi All,
Nugg regarding your comment I would agree that more is not always better, but my question to you is if I keep one as a mother plant like Jack suggested and I only grow one then what do I do with the other plant that I spent $20 for?

Chemistry regarding your comment if I do what you suggest and focus on the top main colas will I yield the same as one plant or would it be more?

Thanks again for everyoneā€™s suggestions! Much appreciated.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
If space is limited and probable costs are High where u live then sorting one out to perpetuate the strain, a solo cup would be ideal. Low feeds and low wattage lights will keep her alive and once space permits, upping it to a larger pot will give you an option to make a ā€œmotherā€ and Iā€™ve cloned right in a Dw type system, air stone and time and she will pop roots, change the solution add the npk(low to start) and you have another plant going into veg/ and potentially flower. Itā€™s not ideal but if the country and laws are what they are itā€™s a viable solution for a grower to keep product coming.
Light wise , any low wattage bulb, socket extension cord , daylight type bulb (bright white) will suffice. Just defoliate occasionally as they will grow , and defoliating slows itā€™s growth a bit and allows you the time you need to keep it going. Iā€™ve kept plants in situ for over a yr. when I didnā€™t have space to throw more in. Matter of fact look at these , been in situ since June. Top em and defoliate about once a month or so. Iā€™ve just hit it with sulfur to keep pm at bay and to acidify the media. Salts will build up, to counter that I use very very light feeds like one feed at a month , basically a cal mag at 1/8 the strength once a month and feed at 1/8 the strength twice a month. Water as they need it , sparingly, zero run off. They grow knarly with all kinds of shoots and once transition to a larger pot all those potentially will be a cola!
hope my input helps.
Tent size is 1x2x3ā€™ small with a led light at 19watts. One usb fan that pulls 33 watts but itā€™s three speeds and at lowest it pulls 12watts, (desktop fan).
Cheers
Jack

7E0B1E91 A395 4CC5 B6A3 4803CF3D8B63
AD02CB22 1D87 4B57 97DA F7202D832764
LBBandit

LBBandit

Hi Jack, great info. I think Iā€™m going to do what you suggested in order to keep production going. If I can hold on to a couple of plants in this state then I can take nuggā€™s suggestion and just grow one plant to fill the area at a time in order to maximize grow space and yield without wasting plants.

You guys are awesome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom