Whats the average humidity for clone dome??

• Thread starter Cal9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cal9

Heys guys what would be the suggested humidity for a clone dome, i just recently purchased a humidity monitor n im gonna be getting a heating pad in the next week....so i was just curious on what some of yall more experienced farmers would have to say on this topic....

thanks!

ghost79

ghost79

80% relative humidity until roots develop and are ready for transplantation.

S

slap14

Heys guys what would be the suggested humidity for a clone dome, i just recently purchased a humidity monitor n im gonna be getting a heating pad in the next week....so i was just curious on what some of yall more experienced farmers would have to say on this topic....

thanks!

When getting clones to root i'm in the high 90's inside the dome. Like Walter said the higher the better.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

you could answer %'s.... but really just understand what cloning is and what the clone is doing while it develops roots. if there is no moisture in the air, they will be forced to try and feed via the bottom/root, where as (i may word this wrong but the point is there) retaining the energy via water/leaves will definitely allow the energy to be conserved into creating roots, when the humidity/water level is high on top.

saying as high as you can, if he is in a shitty humid place really really watch out for other problems with such a wet environment....

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I'm not positive but I always thought it needed to be high to slow or hault transpiration so it can retain as much moisture inside the cut as possible. If its 100% rh it's impossible for the plant to transpire because the air is already saturated.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah but its a double edged sword... you gotta be real careful at high humidities for problems/mold/sludge and shit.... i've sprayed the fuck outta them a couple times and definitely got scared.... i just try and keep em sprayed, but if you use a cloner i feel it also makes it a lot easier in the humidity range. you could have no dome and barely spray, ton o roots sometimes.... IMO

ghost79

ghost79

80% relative humidity until roots develop and are ready for transplantation.
80% to 100%, not higher than 100% if you will. If you have the rh at 90% I personally would watch them very carefully for the 1st signs of harmful mold, mildew, and fungus and take immediate action. While my clones sit in an "Aeroponic", not hydroponic but EZ-Clone Machine I like to put a small oscillating fan on low to aid in air circulation in order to not stagnate the stratified air. Good air circulation/ ventilation are the key to maintaining a proper level of temp. & humidity, that's very important!! I use either EZ-Clone rooting gel or I prefer "Clonex". Clonex is the ultimate, superior ingredient and root hormone packed with all kinds of good stuff. It's a gel so it seals the cutting immediately when dipped into the gel. Clonex Is very, very reliable and considered the rolls-royce among root hormone powders and gels. Get some- I believe it's cheaper then the EZ-Clone gel solution in fact. Use humidifiers if you have to to enhance the ambient airs RH%. Space out the cuttings/clones for vegetative cycle before and flowering so they don't compete for each other. I also like "Woods" foliar spray made to combat severe drought and dehdration during the shockin taking a clone/cutting.

C

Cal9

ok thanks alot, i appreciate that....

would it be better to have a certain type of heating pad or just a regular one??

S

slap14

ok thanks alot, i appreciate that....

would it be better to have a certain type of heating pad or just a regular one??

Just make sure it does not get too hot as it can cook your babies. They do make a thermostat that hooks up to your heating pad so you can dial in the temp.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

80% to 100%, not higher than 100% if you will. If you have the rh at 90% I personally would watch them very carefully for the 1st signs of harmful mold, mildew, and fungus and take immediate action. While my clones sit in an "Aeroponic", not hydroponic but EZ-Clone Machine I like to put a small oscillating fan on low to aid in air circulation in order to not stagnate the stratified air. Good air circulation/ ventilation are the key to maintaining a proper level of temp. & humidity, that's very important!! I use either EZ-Clone rooting gel or I prefer "Clonex". Clonex is the ultimate, superior ingredient and root hormone packed with all kinds of good stuff. It's a gel so it seals the cutting immediately when dipped into the gel. Clonex Is very, very reliable and considered the rolls-royce among root hormone powders and gels. Get some- I believe it's cheaper then the EZ-Clone gel solution in fact. Use humidifiers if you have to to enhance the ambient airs RH%. Space out the cuttings/clones for vegetative cycle before and flowering so they don't compete for each other. I also like "Woods" foliar spray made to combat severe drought and dehdration during the shockin taking a clone/cutting.
Not sure how you could get over 100% rh?!?! I would never put a fan on my clones even in the aero cloner. If everything is clean, you won't see mold in the ten days it takes to root.

squiggly

squiggly

Generally stays 95-99% for me.

Spray down the walls of the chamber and soak the floor. If you have air holes on top--give a last few sprays through it once you've replaced the cover, then close the air holes.

420mooch

420mooch

Soon as I put my clones in My dome I'm getting 99%Rh. After three or four days there collapsing at the block with mushy stems.

B

Blakey

Soon as I put my clones in My dome I'm getting 99%Rh. After three or four days there collapsing at the block with mushy stems.
More like to much heat rather than high Rh would course the mushing

420mooch

420mooch

More like to much heat rather than high Rh would course the mushing
It's because the R/H was to high. Nutrient wasn't leaving the blocks. Clones wasn't transpiring. I'm running a small clip on fan now around the props. R/H is 78% and my babies are drop dead gorgeous now. No necrosis and no massive losses. I also have a lot better control over humidity. I really can't believe it was something so simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom