What's the best cal mag

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Just trying to learn about calmag and what others are using and why.
I just finished a bottle of Foxfarm calmag. It says derived from calcium carbonate and mag sulfate. The store was out, so I got a bottle of GH calimagic. This stuff says derived from calcium glocoheptonate, calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate.
I mixed up a batch last night and noticed the ppm of GH is about double that of the FF. Both call for 1 tsp/ gal. Should I go with the higher ppm or cut the amount in half?
@Aqua Man

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Personally I would probly test using the same ppms instead of the hard measurement just to see if the plants act same or different.

Allegedly

Allegedly

I just finished a bottle of Foxfarm calmag. It says derived from calcium carbonate and mag sulfate. The store was out, so I got a bottle of GH calimagic. This stuff says derived from calcium glocoheptonate, calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate.
I mixed up a batch last night and noticed the ppm of GH is about double that of the FF. Both call for 1 tsp/ gal. Should I go with the higher ppm or cut the amount in half?
@Aqua Man
i use 3-4 ml per gal of calimagic personally, with tap water (my tap water ppm is about 300).

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

@Aqua Man
GH and botincare cal mag is a higher base ppm so less ml should be needed I would think as well depending on the medium your growing in.
I doing coco like aqua which ya need more cal mag, have come across bloom city cal mag and I like it a lot it have a couple more micro nutes in it compared to other brands that I’ve ran(Botincare cal mag+).
Also bloom city makes a real nice silica additive too if you in search of that lol

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

The gh charts I use only call for 2.5 ml cal mag
Screenshot 20210820 130141 Chrome

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Np bud, you using coco? Theres probly a different chart im not 100% sure, I use promix hp and have good results with this chart other than I think it's a bit higher ppms than the plants really need specially in flower. Also im only running 1/4 strength in my hydro compared to their recirculating chart

growsince79

growsince79

Np bud, you using coco? Theres probly a different chart im not 100% sure, I use promix hp and have good results with this chart other than I think it's a bit higher ppms than the plants really need specially in flower. Also im only running 1/4 strength in my hydro compared to their recirculating chart
I'm using cocoloco with a little promix added. 2.5ml seems more reasonable and puts the ppms to about the same as 5ml foxfarm calmag.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That worked when I ran hps. With led I've been adding from week 1-4 flower. My straight tap is 400 @ 8.5. Rain is cheap but scarce.

I have heard this before about led but only some growers seem to feel they need it. I still haven’t used one here but when I grew with my caregiver in the beginning he had timber cobs and had only raised his base nutes a bit to compensate for the intensity (or spectrum?) compared to his hps.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have heard this before about led but only some growers seem to feel they need it. I still haven’t used one here but when I grew with my caregiver in the beginning he had timber cobs and had only raised his base nutes a bit to compensate for the intensity (or spectrum?) compared to his hps.
I run 3 led tents , mix my tap down around 200 ppm and the best thing I’ve done nute wise is QUIT using calmag, always had trouble with lock out. Just goes to show everyone’s grow is different

Top Bottom