What's The Best Ceiling Height De

• Thread starter Legal Canuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

As long as the tops of the plant don't get closer than 4 feet to the bulb, a 1000 DE will be fine anywhere (as long as your room stays cool). So if you have a 8 or 9 foot ceiling your plants would have to be on the floor and flipped when they are short so they don't grow too tall and get too close to the lights.

So taller ceilings are better if you want to grow big taller plants... as long as you keep a lot of plants short and close together they will be OK with a shorter ceiling...

It all depends on how you're growing them.

Last edited:
One Flip

One Flip

With the 1k's i can get as close as 40"..sometimes as close as 3 ft. I use trays that are about a ft off the ground..just high enough to install drains.. I like to grow 5 or 6 foot plants so the distance between the canopy and lights runs out real quick!

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Damn that what I thought I do not have the height in my new setup to run these style of lights. Good to know because I was gonna buy them. Ceiling only 7,3"

One Flip

One Flip

Why so far away w the de lights guys?
I just finished my 2nd rip w de bulbs.
I been keeping mine 18" from the tops. This last rip i got 3 units per k.
At 40" it puts out the proper footprint for my canopy. I put 3 over every two trays. I can run the de bulb in the adjusta wings much closer and still get a good spread.. but not that close with the Gavitas.

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Why so far away w the de lights guys?
I just finished my 2nd rip w de bulbs.
I been keeping mine 18" from the tops. This last rip i got 3 units per k.
18" man that would work for me. No heat stress either for you at that distance

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

At 40" it puts out the proper footprint for my canopy. I put 3 over every two trays. I can run the de bulb in the adjusta wings much closer and still get a good spread.. but not that close with the Gavitas.
You mean with a remote de ballast.

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

I'm interested in these lights. Not too many people use them where I'm from nor can they give me reliable info on them, Even my local hydro shop. At the moment I'm running 8k on a flip. Co2 etc. also have a 4ton ac. im very interested in upgrading my lighting.

G gnome

G gnome

18" man that would work for me. No heat stress either for you at that distance
Idk anyone personally who runs de other than myself. I have no light bleaching , no burning. I just keep fans blastin in between the canopy and the light fixtures. I bought a/c de's and once i installed my ac i removed the glass and temps have been fine. I also use a propane co2 generator btw.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nanolux is crushing game with their Cloud control system. My best room has 8-foot ceilings, and I'm using AC/DE hoods, Gavita pro plus de bulbs, and Nanolux remote ballasts with the NCCS (Cloud control system). I have a slight burn on some tips occasionally, and the plant tops are between 24-30 inches from the hoods. I try to keep about 3' from the hoods, but they sometimes have their own ideas...

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Idk anyone personally who runs de other than myself. I have no light bleaching , no burning. I just keep fans blastin in between the canopy and the light fixtures. I bought a/c de's and once i installed my ac i removed the glass and temps have been fine. I also use a propane co2 generator btw.
I also use propane. Way better than tanks

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

have u looked at the 315 plus 620 ceramic , meant to be the best spectrum and lower heat plus cost to run , thats where im going once i have a few more shackles saved up . need 12 x 315 .@$500 a throw ouch .

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Nanolux is crushing game with their Cloud control system. My best room has 8-foot ceilings, and I'm using AC/DE hoods, Gavita pro plus de bulbs, and Nanolux remote ballasts with the NCCS (Cloud control system). I have a slight burn on some tips occasionally, and the plant tops are between 24-30 inches from the hoods. I try to keep about 3' from the hoods, but they sometimes have their own ideas...
These nanolux have the ballast attached horizontally right!

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Oh damn I see they're not attached to the light. That is nice. Can they be run on a flip relay?

Top Bottom