Whats The Best Co2 Meter?

• Thread starter jammie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jammie

jammie

just starting a new grow and want to add co2. lots of different choices and price points on amazon. What meter do you peep recommend? thanks!

D

dab science

I dont know whats necessarily the best out there as I only have ever purchased one before I got the auto pilot brand co2 regulator myself I also got a additional auto pilot co2 monitor to have a second reference point just in case one fails but there both holding up great very good and duriable (I accidentally droped my monitor down some stairs and it still works great) the regulator has a built in timer so you can run a day schedule and a night schedule seperately which was what sold me and the monitor keeps data on a lcd screen for reference I believe up to a week

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Blueprint bdac2

Autopilot master green house controller

Both are the same units, minus the names

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use the Autopilot CO2 controller running a Titan regulator but I think if you just wanted a basic unit, the Autopilot Environmental Controller will run CO2 but it has very basic functions (on,off). I have one but don't use it for CO2. They run around $200 if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have the above as a back up, has the fuzzy logic setting. 325 iirc from . amazon

D

dab science

My auto pilot environemental controller is definately adjustable to what ever co2 levels I chose it has a digital readout so yeah I guess read the discription before you buy it

D

dab science

I mis said my first comment I have a the auto pilot environmental controller which needs a aditional regulator for the tank and the monitor is to make sure the controller is reading correctly sorry about that I was really dabed out last night

D

dab science

I like running my co2 in my room through a tube that the end of is on the back of one of my osolateing fans on one side of the room and the sensor on the other I also have 2 small fans in my room one on both ends sitting on the floor pointimg the airflow upwards cuz co2 is heavier than air and plants benefit from the co2 under the leafs so upwards airflow is awsome

jammie

jammie

hey all- thanks for the advice, sorry i haven't been around. i decided to go with the autopilot co2 monitor. it seems the ambient co2 in the basement where my grow is located is 650. upstairs was almost as bad. there's 2 adults 2 dogs and a cat and the house is a little too insulated it would seem.

D

dab science

hey all- thanks for the advice, sorry i haven't been around. i decided to go with the autopilot co2 monitor. it seems the ambient co2 in the basement where my grow is located is 650. upstairs was almost as bad. there's 2 adults 2 dogs and a cat and the house is a little too insulated it would seem.
Lol thats crazy low... outside is like 400-500 co2 I live in a loft and if I dont crack a window for a hour every day my co2 levels go up over 1000 if I leave it for 2 or 3 days it gets over 2000 and thats just me my girl and my dog breathing without any house plants ive been thinking about getting some high oxygen outputting plants for inside my house (my grow is in a shead) just havent gotten around to doing research on what plants are better for this purpose

D

dab science

@jammie if your going with just the autopilot monitor and need aditional contsant co2 id ad a mushroom bag or something like that to your room try just one and see how much it boosts your levels then add as needed those things are also a throwaway item they work for a few weeks really good at first then slowly slowing down till its pointless so what I use to do is add one wait a week add another wait a week and add one wait a week then start replaceing your oldest one with a new one once a week if you need more than that do 2 a week instead of 1depending on your grow area you might not neeed that many but the monitor will definitely help alot untill you decide to make the leap to the environmental controller, regulator, tubes, and tank

D

dab science

Tank co2 has highest start-up cost and lowest maintenance cost where the fungus bags are opposite

jammie

jammie

Lol thats crazy low... outside is like 400-500 co2 I live in a loft and if I dont crack a window for a hour every day my co2 levels go up over 1000 if I leave it for 2 or 3 days it gets over 2000 and thats just me my girl and my dog breathing without any house plants ive been thinking about getting some high oxygen outputting plants for inside my house (my grow is in a shead) just havent gotten around to doing research on what plants are better for this purpose
my outside air is 375 when measured for 24 hrs.

jammie

jammie

@jammie if your going with just the autopilot monitor and need aditional contsant co2 id ad a mushroom bag or something like that to your room try just one and see how much it boosts your levels then add as needed those things are also a throwaway item they work for a few weeks really good at first then slowly slowing down till its pointless so what I use to do is add one wait a week add another wait a week and add one wait a week then start replaceing your oldest one with a new one once a week if you need more than that do 2 a week instead of 1depending on your grow area you might not neeed that many but the monitor will definitely help alot untill you decide to make the leap to the environmental controller, regulator, tubes, and tank
i was also thinking of partially venting the gas hot water heater thats located right next to my grow room. according to the installer, the burner is 100% efficient and doesn't release any carbon monoxide. i have 2 co detectors in the basement already because of the gas furnace.

B

Bogart Tasty

Tank co2 has highest start-up cost and lowest maintenance cost where the fungus bags are opposite
Yeah but tank co2 can be set to lights on whereas the mushroom bags are always putting out co2. If you're gonna supplement with co2 spend the extra coin and do it right. Don't want to know how much I wasted on co2 generating pads back in the day

Top Bottom