What's the best current T5 fixture? Sun Blaze or New Wave or Tek light?

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

Gong to be growing in a Secret Jardin DR60 2ftx2ft grow tent. I think I think want to get a 2ft 8 bulb fixture.

Trying to decide on what T5 fixture I should be getting. I've heard the Tek light is the best, but the chassis is black which I find kinda odd for a grow light. Shouldn't it be at least white like all the others? I feel like the black would absorb light, especially in a small tent like mine.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
Sweetgreen is online now Add to Sweetgreen's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

T

TheDarkOne

I have 2 of the 4 bulb PLL lights from HTG Supply that I am really impressed with so far, 220 watts totals compared to 196 in a standard 8 bulb T5 and it should fit perfectly in your tent, and the best part is you can pick one up for about $140 which is right around the price of a 96 watt 4 bulb T5 system.

justiceman

justiceman

Another option is the C.A.P. Maxlume 2' 6 lamp fixture(25"x5"x21") for about $120 on horticulture source Or you can get the HTG Supply 2 Foot 4 Lamp PL-55 Tek Lamp for about $140. I think that might be what the dark one is talking about. I personally have a C.A.P Maxlume 4' 4 lamp fixture and I love it.

G

Germ

T-5 Badboy

The Quantum T5 Badboy kicks some serious ass. You should give one a once over next trip to the hydro shop if they carry them. I think they are one of the best T5's out there myself.

quantum_t5_badboy.png

SIZE, OUTPUT and PERFORMANCE have finally met birthing the Quantum T5 BadBoy! The T5 BadBoy produces color and light much closer to that of regular daylight than the leading competitors resulting in tighter internodal spacing, thicker stem-walls heartier foliage, and natural increases in extracts. All of these come together to create a much healthier plant while enhancing the natural characteristics of each specific plant.

How do we do it?

The Quantum Tri-phosphor bulbs are designed for optimum performance with the Fulham Race Horse ballast. These are tuned for max output with the Bad Boy. The BadBoy coupled with Fulham's latest and greatest Race Horse ballasts put out 28% more light than the competitions fixtures with the Work Horse 7 with NO additional power consumption!.

•High Output optimized fixture for MAX bang for your buck!
•Unique folding structure for easy transportation
•Vented Ballasts and reflectors keep you gardens cool!
•Unique lamp spacing and provides more uniform light
•Glass coated aluminum reflectors provide deeper penetrating light!
•Multi-volt operation, 120v/240v right out of the box!

4 Lamp
9.8 lbs
In Box: 49.2 x 14.7 x 6.1
Assembled: 46.25 x 12. x 3.5
6 Lamp
12 lbs
In Box: 49.2 x 10.4 x 6.1
Assembled: 46.25 x 18 x 3.5
8 Lamp
14.5 lbs
In box: 49.2 x 10.4 x 6.1
Assembled: 46.25 x 24 x 3.5
12 Lamp
20.1 lbs
In box: 49.2 x 13.1 x 6.1
Assembled: 46.5 x 35.25 x 3.5
16 Lamp
25 lbs
In Box: 49.2 x 13.1 x 6.1
Assembled: 46.5 x 46 x 3.5

TheGerm

E

ehole

i have 2 new wave 8 bulb and 3 sunleaves pioneer viii. i like the pionerer viii's but the new waves run 240 or 120 so that's nice as i prefer to run all i can off 240 to save amps. pioneers do have 2 switches so i can turn 4 bulbs on or off at a time and my new wave has no switches just plug in and it's on...

F

fasteddy0

Give the Hydrofarm Designer series a look. They are well built and a great deal.

Top Bottom