What's the best grow tent?

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KAL EL

KAL EL

I am interested in getting a couple of grow tents.
I want to run 1000 watt lights in hoods.
I am interested in either 4x4 or 4x8.
What is the best brand for this?

I

ibTheMan

Sun hut is my favorite, plus you get extra room, there well made, cheap, and taller then average.
4x4 r 4.6 x 4.6 x 7.0
4x8 r 4.6 x 9.3 x 7.0

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Have a hydro hut super strong design can do pull ups on it

R

robz

Have a hydro hut super strong design can do pull ups on it

I agree Hydrohut is a solid tent. I just scored a 4 by 8 silver edition for a buck twenty & a zip of meds. Very happy with it. Although I've seen the Secret Jardin in action & I think they are the best out there. Totally light proof and very well made.

S

Stu

I have both a 5x5x7 HydroHut. And a DR90T for veg and moms. The site I bought and that helped me the most was Greners.com They did a review on 5 different brands. They have videos of every tent how to assemble it and what they like/dislike about the products. Great information. Here's the link for that.

I first bought the 5x5 HydroHut for to house a 1k light. What led me to pick the HydroHut over the SJ was that the corners were metal and the SJ were plastic.

The things I didn't like about the HydroHut was that the zippers are poor quality. It is a two hand process to close the tents main door. There is some light leak very little. Over all quality of the tent is a B-.

The Secret Jardin on the other hand had the plastic corner pieces but they are very strong and well built. The zippers on this tent are top of the line and make closing it a breeze. Behind the zippers them selfs they have this great flap that over lays its self so there is for sure no light leak. The quality of the material they use is a lot heavier and is more durable.

Cons uhh cost I think they run a little bit higher than other tents. But in the end you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps
Stu :joint:

T

theHERBivore

secret jardin is the best ive seen grow labs prob. second but windows can cause light leaks. Jump in zip it up stay a while have a friend unzip ya and if you did happent to se a few light leeks use the reflector (SILVER SHINEY one sided tape) and tape pieces on the inside...piece of cake. Secret Jardins smaller tents have 5" port holes so be careful. The windows on the grow lab are cool for veg. cause u can watch without opening = no bugs,dust etc. But the Secret Jardin is just a better tent. darkroom not dark street.
Supposedly growlab was made by secret jardin/homebox together but i couldnt get past the more papery material n light leeks out of the cool viewing windows ( which i assume will only increase as time goes) if you dont seal them up 100%.

theHERBivore

D

Dignan

I'm with ya Kal El. Think I'm in the market for a 4x9 Jardin for 2 1000W lights.

And I've ordered a few times from Greners and am a big fan. Great company.

I

ibTheMan

Sun hut is my favorite, plus you get extra room, there well made, cheap, and taller then average.
4x4 r 4.6 x 4.6 x 7.0
4x8 r 4.6 x 9.3 x 7.0

Sun Hut 4x4=$215 actual size= 4.6 x 4.6 x 7
Sun Hut 4x8=$410 actual size= 4.6 x 9.3 x 7

L

leafbandit89

tent

ya can get a 2.4x1.2x2 m tent of most companys like secretgarden,budbox or homebox all good that tent will hold 2 x 600w hps lights and plenty of space foe 8 big plants or lots of little ones depends what method ya use

Solidopc

Solidopc

I'm iun the market now, and couldn't decide between a 100x100x200 budbox and a 120x120x200 secret jardin. I want the SJ, but my wife doesnt want a bigger tent, but the SJ seems much better built, and is perfect for the air-cooled hood i want to put in it. The budbox is also quality and has all the access points for an air-cooled light etc, and is alot cheaper. Guess if they were the same size i would definately get the budbox as i've had one ages and its very good, just the zipper has gone, and its a very old version with no vents for air-cooled lights.

dlovejah

dlovejah

Secret Jardin

I have two Secret Jardin Tents a Dr120 and and a DR220w.. The DR220 is the Secret Jardin 2 and it couldnt be nicer... Im very happy with both of them.. Excellent Tents ... I use the Dr220 as my main veg tent its 4x8 so it can hold a lot of plants.. I use a Metal Halide for Large Mother Plants and T5's in it for smaller vegging plants.. Heres a few pics of the DR220

Moms 013
Moms 008
Moms 016
Moms 017
Moms 018

Latest posts

Top Bottom