whats the best strains for sea of green?

• Thread starter SolidSnake88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SolidSnake88

hey guys kinda new to the hobby and im building an 8 light sea of green in my basement, im looking for the best strain to buy from seed somthing that yields good with a short veg but also want it to be as potent as possible.. any input is greatly appreciated! thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Look for heavy Indica/Afghani lines. The Sativas will not only stretch too much, you'll end up with shitty weed if you push them to finish too quickly.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

hey guys kinda new to the hobby and im building an 8 light sea of green in my basement, im looking for the best strain to buy from seed somthing that yields good with a short veg but also want it to be as potent as possible.. any input is greatly appreciated! thanks
LOL, problem with this statement is it's something EVERYONE is looking for.

I've ran about 20 different strains in Single Bud SOG grow's and quite frankly EVERY strain can be manipulated to produce heavy with only a single bud.

How much space for plant growth (height) do you have?
How many plants do you plan on running?

I hate to contradict SEA but my Sour Diesel outperforms everything with this style of growing, you just have to know how to tame her. However, I have done very well with heavy Indica strains, they just need to be vegged longer to get to the same production.

Following a 4 plant per sq ft method, Sour Diesels and OG are vegged for 7-10 days, where the indica dominant strains are closer to 2-3 weeks.

If your clones are strong and your room/nutrient regimen are legit you should have no problem hitting 2+ per 1000 watt light.

This is the reference I hand out to everyone looking to grow SOG style, it's where I started. Unfortunately the grower hasn't been around for years.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/soil-sog-grower-needs-mentor-to-switch-to-hydro.25499/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're not contradicting me when you talk about SD outperforming and then qualifying the statement. You're fleshing it out, which was why I figured it's easier to tell a newbie to grow a stronger Afghani/Indica. Besides, all those Sours are more like strong hybrids than Satties, IME. :p

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I ran Jack Herer SOG in 1g pots and crushed it. Stretchier plants need a bigger pot. The Jack is a very stretchy plant. Would have done better in 2g, but the 1g worked well. Also ran Durban Poison SOG and REALLY crushed it. Zip+ per plant. Transplant rooted clone and veg for 2 weeks. Trim off everything but the tops and flip.

outwest

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I ran Jack Herer SOG in 1g pots and crushed it. Stretchier plants need a bigger pot. The Jack is a very stretchy plant. Would have done better in 2g, but the 1g worked well. Also ran Durban Poison SOG and REALLY crushed it. Zip+ per plant. Transplant rooted clone and veg for 2 weeks. Trim off everything but the tops and flip.

outwest
Badass Outwest!

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

One thing I'd like to point out is that solidsnake88 said he wanted to grow SOG from seed. IME you would be way better off growing from clone if you wanna try to keep an even canopy. Chances of getting an odd jumper or 10 from a few packs of seeds is much greater than from a batch of uniform clones. And heavy indica/afghani gets my vote also. Not saying sativa doms or 50-50's can't work, just saying it might be the easier route.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I agree with the notion that SOG from seed is not a good idea. I don't agree with indicas being a preferred route.

IME SOG works best because you can shorten veg times, reduce canopy maintenance, and maximize yield. Indicas tend to veg slower and stretch less, so to get the same canopy density requires more veg time vs a plant that will double in size in flower. Perhaps you could just run more stocky indicas than stretchy sativas and call it even.

outwest

Top Bottom