What's the best thing to cover you're walls with

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I want to get the most reflective material to maximize light in my garden.
I was always told to just paint it with flat white paint.
I've used mylar but it gets dirty pretty quick and very hard to clean if u plan on using foliar sprays.

Anyways just seeiong what is the best to use now.

juggernaut

juggernaut

I would love to use what the tents use for there walls. bright easy to clean

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Flat white,A primer like zinser 123 has anti mold/fungal properties built into it along with being the right color.If you want to gain a little bit more i would add reflectix to the room,a roll at home depot is like 139.00 bucks for the 4'x100' rolls.Ive never tried the tent material but if you have alot of room to cover id just use the paint,the difference is probably negligable especially in a big room with alot of lights.

symbiote420

symbiote420

^^ I'm with fishwhistle on this, but if you don't mind spending a little extra coin check this out .......www.orcagrowfilm.com

This stuff is killing it! Big plus too, because it's a fabric it breaths - so no worries of mold developing behind it like with plastic materials!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That orcas lotsa dough,double the cost of reflectix,ouch.Like to hear some reports on the orca though.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

I got a deal on mine from the rep when I went to the Max Yield expo here in June ....blows everything else away ime! Nothing like it, it might be 4x to 5x more reflective than foil type materials!
yep the orca film is the shit, spend as fuck but so much more reflective, plus is is so much easier to hang flat as opposed to mylar and panda. very ridged and durable clean up is a jiff to. if you're gonna spend serious cash on a grow might as well spring for it.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sym got any pics of what it looks like up?the orca site doesnt show or say much.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Thanks sym,id like to see and learn more about it,the price has me balking a bit though,at 240 bucks a roll(54''x100')and 30 bucks for the seam tape(3''x75')you could throw an extra light in there!I have 2-12x12 flower rooms and an 8x8 veg so id need over 3 rolls of film plus 3 rolls of tape,thats 810 dollars,Reminds me of history class reading about the gold rush,more millionaires were made selling picks and shovels than were ever made mining gold!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I'll get ya some when my lights come on tonite!
I actually found a video on youtube that compares it to mylar,interesting stuff for sure.The only downfall seems to be the price,they are really proud of it,lol.Still very interested in what you think of it after a run sym.

joe guy

joe guy

If u got mor than one big ass room id stick with some kilts or simaliar that orca or anything like that is gona be a kick to nuts to u or ur investors... Go flat white or even a simi gloss white.. And if u go semi gloss dont forget the steel wool or rough side of a sponge and buff the main gloss out ive found the buffed semi gloss ALOT easier to clean vs. flat paint.. Gget a few harvest done and save for the orca.. Heard good hings but nothing stellar to justify the cost in rooms that big...good luck with ur new rooms... I know i donthhave any rep yet but im new here so take it or leave it just my 2 cents....

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Orca is nice and also easy to clean.
if you go with the orca do not get the tape. it is a waste of $$$. staple it.

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

I use flat white paint, it's easy to clean and easy to apply.

reeldrag

reeldrag

a touch spendieeeeee!!!!! but dam it bounces light all over. you can get sheets of very thin high polished aluminum 4x8 cost around 600 bucks to do a 10 by 10 that is walls floor ceiling but fuck me it is dam bright I tought I was gonna need eye surgery after leaving that room not sure if its worth the coin but was easy to clean and brite like I have never seen

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have always used flat white paint(w/zinser 123 primer)but id be open to trying some new tech if its that much better,i have noticed alot of great growers are using the reflectix material in their rooms and they know a bunch more than me so ive been looking around at options.Ehydro does have the orca a tad cheaper at 180 bucks for a 100' roll but im not sold just yet,lol.

Top Bottom