What's the best way to orally consume Oil or Hash ?

• Thread starter nj2theEASTBAY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
diamond2.0

diamond2.0

i vote for put whtaever mix in a capsul too .I smoked after wisdom teeth being pulled without creating a problem.. Justs dragged slow. One time i had a three root big molar pulled and tried that and blew out the membrian that between your sinus and tooth. Now mucas gets in my gums at times. Feels weird. oy. I smoked right after having 22 teeth pulled while on the ride home . No problemo. lol. Kinda bloody. :p

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

My favorite edible by faaaaar is coconut oil gelcaps. Take 1 part BHO / oil and mix it with 3-4 parts coconut oil over heat. Leave it at 120F+ for a half hour or so to decarboxylate, then use a syringe to fill empty gel caps w/ the liquid. Easy to consume, easy to titrate, discrete, and *very* efficient.

scoop

scoop

It's the sucking action they are trying to have you avoid.

Went through some serious dental surgeries a few years back and had the same challenge.
Try "hot knives" or some other combustion method and then "nose hit " that shit right past yer mouth and into yer lungs. Nothing is gonna work like a good hit to kill that Jones.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@Graywolf have you made up any good flavors besides the original?

I know it needs something strong like cinnamon to mask the flavor of such a potent mix, but everyday dosing leaves me feeling pickled. As if it's seeping out through every pore of my skin.

I dont know if those around me notice, but the lingering taste/smell throughout my head seems akin to the personal aroma cloud obtained by eating curried spices daily.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

I know it needs something strong like cinnamon to mask the flavor of such a potent mix, but everyday dosing leaves me feeling pickled. As if it's seeping out through every pore of my skin.

I dont know if those around me notice, but the lingering taste/smell throughout my head seems akin to the personal aroma cloud obtained by eating curried spices daily.

Just drop the oil into a gelcap and eat it that way, then the flavor is irrelevant. :P

Graywolf

Graywolf

Spearmint and Peppermint do a good job of masking, but not the same medicinal effects.

You can also use just oil and concentrate in gel caps with less effect, but also less burpees or heartburn.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Hm, not a fan of strong mint, so the original option seems more palatable. Maybe a very strong lemon could work? Once I buy more candy flavoring will report back.

I like getting the initial oromucosal absorption of tincture form. I might make up some capsules though, to test and see if it still feels like I'm sweating/exhaling cinnamon. Could be just my taste buds and olfactory system tricking me for days afterward. These preparations are very strong, and definitely not your grandmas' glycerin tinctures.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Yeah, a little mint goes a long way with me too. Lorann Oils has a bunch of candy flavoring oils.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I already ordered a bunch of sample sizes from them. Good source for candy recipes too.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@Graywolf have you or any of your patients titrated HS to milligram dosages instead of just drops? Know offhand how the two measures compare?

Graywolf

Graywolf

@Graywolf have you or any of your patients titrated HS to milligram dosages instead of just drops? Know offhand how the two measures compare?

What we did, was use a 1/2 and 1 oz dropper syringe and measured the weight of droplets using the .0001 gram scale we use for GC samples. Since they did vary, we did 10 drops and divided the weight by 10. Not a particularly accurate measure given the error of the sample with only 10 drops, and with the variability of temperature and ejection speed, but accurate enough for the purpose.

Ostensibly the droplet is a function of 3X the hole size, but as we know, can vary some. Someone put thought into their design, because of how close three drops fall to 100 mg with oil.

Two thoughts:

The first is that we mix the absolute concentrate with the balance of the rest of the ingredients using a .001 gram scale, so the mg's are accurate to that range in the mixture itself.

The second is that Dr Melamede says we are flooding our endocannabinoid systems, so if you are off a few mg's one way or the other within that central scatter that droplets vary, it doesn't present a problem.

It would take more that level of variance to produce an OD as well, and OD's are not fatal, though you may not appreciate or value that quality during an OD.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Right on, I just knew you'd have taken a minute to think through it and measure to 4 digits :p

Some questions come to mind. Were the ODs accidental or did you ramp to tolerance for academic curiosity? Assuming it's highly variable, do you have ideas about the high end before the heavier OD effects hit? Does citicholine help at that point or does the delta 11 outrun it? Have you (or colleagues) tested with high doses of citicholine?

Graywolf

Graywolf

My first OD's were sure accidental, but I've mildly OD many times when I was testing meds.

OD is a funny thing, in that you have the normal tolerance curve, and then you have a few ultra low tolerance folks at one end, and the other end depending on the nature of the illness.

Around 100 to 300 mg is the normal dosage we work with for cancer patients, but some folks get discombobulated on 30 mg. On the other end, my partners Alzheimers mom burned through up to 3 and four grams a day of oral concentrate, and it made her more normal.

I haven't tried the citicoline, but my SPR partner has been supplying it with meds since Dr Melamedes lecture, and reports good success with it.

wembeley

wembeley

You guys are going about this all wrong and making it too complicated (IMHO) :) I am new to this so either you tried this already and didn't like it or I am a cannabis oil genius. I first tried with a cookie because it was suggested to me. But that tasted awful and the oil coated my mouth for hours, gross. So then I got the idea to put it in something that tasted good but didn't need to be chewed. I tried pudding first and it worked and I still do it as a backup. The trick is to put a small layer of pudding on the bottom of the spoon, then the oil in the middle and a thin layer of pudding on top. No chewing just get it to the back of your mouth so you can avoid most of your tastebuds and swallow. Occasionally you will taste it if the oil escapes which is why I mostly use method #2: do the same thing but with ice cream. It hardens the oil a bit so I rarely taste it. I was hoping to find some other easy methods but all I found was the gross spoon full of butter that the OP mentioned, disgusting. I will try the peanut butter mentioned here I just won't mix it up, I will stack it and swallow it whole like the rest but I like it so at least it's something different. Anyway sorry so long but hopefully it will help someone.

wembeley

wembeley

Because they didn't find the answer and new people come in later and add to it. I googled the question and this was the only place I found even the slightest answer so I figured I would add my info. If there is a place with tons of ideas please share!

Graywolf

Graywolf

Sometimes answers are there, but are passed by. We've supplied tinctures and oil sublinguals for almost a decade, for dis-eases ranging from pain to cancer, with a high degree of success.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/

There are also a wide range of recipes available for adding it to food. Both methods work, but the effects are faster and more predictable in a sublingual.

Holy Anointing Oil Oral:

1 Part Cannabis Oil

1/3 Parts virgin unrefined Coconut oil

1/15th Part Cinnamon Leaf oil

1/15th Part Cinnamon Bark oil

1/30th Part liquid Gum Myrrh

IE: 1/3 = .3 (.33333333333)

1/15 = .07 (.066666666666)

1/30 = .03 (.033333333333)

Therefore:

10 grams BHO Cannabis oil
3 grams Coconut oil
.7 grams Cinnamon Bark oil
.7 grams Cinnamon Leaf oil .
.3 grams Myrrh Gum

Holy Anointing Oil Topical:

10 grams BHO Cannabis oil
8 grams Coconut oil
.7 grams Myrrh Gum

1 grams Emu oil

* Optional Arnica Montana and/or Jojoba oil

Holy Shit:10 grams BHO Cannabis oil
3 grams Coconut oil
.3 grams Myrrh Gum
1 gram Cinnamon candy flavoring oil

We make these oils, by adding the other ingredients to the decarboxylated cannabis oil, while the oil is above 82C/180F, and stirring until well mixed. Bottle and use as is.

For decarboxylation instructions, check out the tab on our home page, under that name.

Bon appetite!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

theres a thread about my tincture, just search for it on here)

I made a tincture for a patient getting his wisdom teeth removed. 3g valentineX cbd shatter to 36ml of coconut oil. decarbd the shatter PER skunkfarms website (thanks again grey wolf), then in a triple broiler at 140* for 35 mins to infuse the shatter and coconut oil together. 1.5ml is the dosing. worked absolutely perfect for him and myself when I tested it. but he went thru it all in 2 days....but never took a pain pill and wasn't in pain. then made him the same thing from gorilla glue#4 shatter at the same measurements and dosing. worked pretty good, but no cbd properties. he got high vs at ease (if you know what I mean from a cbd standpoint.

Tarek Daud

Tarek Daud

I live in Lahore Pakistan and we dont have oils here. We can only have hashish (hash).
All I want to know if there is any way I can use this Hash orally. Any method!!! I have never done it before. I always smoke it with tobaco but I am now concerned with my lungs as it has been over 20 years since I've been taking it with tobaco. Your worthy experiancea might add to my poor knowledge of oral consumtion of Hash. Please let me know soon.
PS: once again I am telling you that we do not have oils or dabs here in Pakistan. Hash is our luxury so far. Or grinding the green leaves with milk, almonds, fresh mint leaves and sugar with some ice. Its kinda smoothie we call it BHAANG. It knocks you out for like 12 hours straight.

https://encrypted-tbn1.invalid.com/...zQYpAaxqqXKoCVq-B0QcLil89IgD2hT8MnikVe4Qu061H

Top Bottom