• Thread starter strictlyHYDROid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strictlyHYDROid

any help would be much appreciated

i must mention its for 70 clones to be propagated at 1 giving time
so a DIY is a must , but the concept would be the same im guessing

if you could swing some diagrams and post them on this thread would be awesome for noobs such as myself

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i was going to say EXACTLY what Sky High said that brother has good taste lol.

i like rapid rooters for their consistency and low maintenance and aero for it's faster rooting time. rooting time really is not a big deal in the long run you just start the rapid rooters a few days earlier then you would the aero and you're all set. also if you don't bury them deep enough you will still be ok with the rooters and they hold a decent amount of fluid but not as much as rockwoold which holds too much imo.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm currently working the newest transplants from my new aerocloner (coco grower here) and I LOVE the head start they have! They are outpacing any and every other method I've tried to date, including using RE. Let them get longer roots, bury those roots deeper and they just take off, unbelievable. Shortens vegging time in coco amazingly.

T

Tesseract

Aerocloner FTW! My ez cloner is one of the best purchases I made. I had no time to do a DIY, but for $230, wasn't that big of a deal for such an awesome unit.

No dome needed and no antiwilt. They will stay good as long as it sprays. I have NEVER seen roots as grand as in an aerocloner!

T

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Aerocloner FTW! My ez cloner is one of the best purchases I made. I had no time to do a DIY, but for $230, wasn't that big of a deal for such an awesome unit.

No dome needed and no antiwilt. They will stay good as long as it sprays. I have NEVER seen roots as grand as in an aerocloner!

T

Dito.. dito.. and Dito..lol

S

strictlyHYDROid

thanks in regards guys
this is very much appreciated

T

Tesseract

thanks in regards guys
this is very much appreciated

Welcome bro! just copy the design of the ez cloner 120 site or make a custom 80 site. I am sure there are loads of DIY threads. Send me a pm if you have any Q's.

T

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i have a nice DIY thread on building a aero cloner under my other handle xceptional. feel free to pm me to this account if you have any questions i dont login to that account anymore.

had great success rate with this setup the only changes i would make to it are

#1 glue the net cups to the lid so yuo can move the lid without the damn inserts and net cups falling out.
#2 drill small holes in the feet. keep drilling the holes larger until you just slightly loose pressure from the sprayers. this is a JK trick that makes great sense so stagnant water isnt sitting in the legs the hole time.
#3 buy regular neoprene inserts not theones i used. they are tough tough and a pain to work with.

none of those changes cost money it's still a really cheap system to build for a fraction of a ez cloner AND you can let them sit and grow a little longer in this system because there is way more room then those ez cloners they are just too crammed IMO. i only say this because i've had unexpected delays and added nutes right to this cloner and started the veg in here and there just isn't enough space between plants in a ez cloner for that.

B

Bobby Smith

Strictly, I'd just plop the loot down and get an EZ 120 - that's what I have (need the roots to reach down into the PVC and the rapid rooters couldn't go down far enough).

You could make a pretty simply cloner out of a tote, some air pumps and some air stones which would work almost as well for much cheaper.

An added bonus is that the EZ can serve as a veg unit for a little bit as well, unlike rapid rooters which need to be transplanted relatively soon after the roots poke through.

S

strictlyHYDROid

awesome , i like that 120 ezy cloner thingy magiggy
so compact and looks to serve its purpose
they sell it on amazon for $450
i was thinking maybe if i was to do the same concept as the ezy cloner but instead of having the top of the ezy cloner ill try and DIY it so i can just buy the 96 rapid rooter mat and use that as the lid
although a mister would have to be used just to moisten the bottom of the R/R mat

thanks guys gee i love this site !!!

but keep them coming very interesting techniques from all of you's

B

Bobby Smith

You can get the EZ 120 on Ebay for $350 delivered, FYI.

"seedsetc1" is the seller's name, dude's legit.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Under $50 for this DIY 24 site, doesn't leak either. Aero is the way to go, even if you buy a nice new one and don't DIY it's still a great investment.

Here's this one:
Eco 264gph pump
24 2" plugs
1 3/4" hole saw
1/2" PVC, 3 tees, one 1/2" threaded male fitting, four 1/2" caps
rubbermaid 12 gallon tub
11 sprayers
Tap and bit for sprayers (I believe it's a 5/16")

Weed 003
Weed 002
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Very nice, Mr. Sputnik! I have a DIY'd 32 site cloner that uses PVC collars instead of neoprene, single spray bar, this shows how with a little thought one can find more ways to skin that cat.

T

Tesseract

The quality of material in the ez cloner is wonderful.

Things I don't like...
The replacement pumps are too $$$. I haven't needed one, but damn, I would hate it if I did. The sprayer nozzle threads are annoying. They looked to have been not machined well and sometimes are easy to fall off.

All in all its been a wonderful unit. $350 for a 120 site with all the collars ect.. is a great deal IMO.

Still though, if I had time, I would DIY it. Cheaper, use the products you want, customization, and above all, experience!

Very nice build Mr. Sputnik! I bet those nozzles stay nice and tight!

T

Top Bottom